Upgrade advice.

rdd

rdd

Associate
Hi, I'm a complete novice when it comes to PC builds. Below is the PC I currently have which I had built for me in 2015. I'm looking to upgrade my computer so games like Battlefield can be played with a consistent FPS. I'm happy to play on low/mid graphics as long as the game performs.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
Processor: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz Six Core Processor
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
Sound Card: Onboard 7.1 Surround Sound Audio
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA3 6Gbs Hard Drive
Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz
Windows Operating System : Microsoft Windows 8.1 Standard 64-bitInfo

rdd

rdd

Associate
OP
Looking to upgrade it for as cheap as possible as I rarely have enough spare time to warrant spending a fortune. £300 would be the maximum I’m willing to spend.

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Ideally replacing the cpu/memory/motherboard with a Ryzen build along with a new gpu would be the best way to upgrade but a new gpu and clock the nuts off the FX6300 is the best you are going to get on that budget. What res do you game at? Is the monitor Freesync, Gsync or just a standard monitor?

Man of Honour
either

(A) upgrade your CPU:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £292.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

or (B) upgrade your GPU:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £234.88 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

(for either of those, your PSU may also need upgrading - you haven't told us what power supply you are using)

rdd

rdd

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the info. I tend to play games on a relatively low res, as I mentioned I'm more interested in performance than looks. My power supply is Aerocool Integrator 500W

Back
Top Bottom