Do you like where technology is taking society?

Soldato
I don't agree with this at all, I've heard enough stories from my dad and granddad to know people did as much stupid stuff back then as they do now. There just wasn't anyone around to record it. They were still doing it for attention but just not attention from the internet.

I think you're missing the point of what I was saying.

It's not about people doing stupid stuff. All generations do stupid stuff. It is how people are reacting to it. If you do something stupid in the 90s people will think you're an idiot and tell you that to your face. These days someone does something stupid and people are pressing Like/Heart and saying "great", "keep it up". The fact a larger group of people now think drinking a bottle of listerine is "awesome" than they did 30 years ago is challenging the evolution theory (joking.. sort of!).

Soldato
I was promised jet packs and flying cars as a kid. Where are they?

2017.png

Soldato
I wish social media would just die. Hell even 24/7 news is just dumb.

Yeah the world would be a better place without fakebook/insta/snapchat, but they are literally ramming it down young people's and children's throats.

Have you heard of Voxy? The network for under-30s with CHEAPER access to FB/Insta/Snap. I bet if they could target it at 7 year olds they would but that make it too obvious what they're trying to do.

Things are being done the wrong way round, they should be trying to HINDER access for children and young people to access this complete and utter disease of the internet.
But they are trying to make it more accessible. It just beggars belief. I'm guessing this charade is happening because there's a mandate to maximise the age scope of internet propaganda campaigns.

Soldato
I think I am at odds with modern society, I choose not to interact with its social media, I find the reporters and TV personalities to be hideously patronising and shallow.the whole cult of fashion and celebrity is lost on me.

Associate
It must be worrying for government to realise that instant communication means riots and social unrest can spread nationwide within minutes. As for social media like Facebook etc, that comes down to self discipline; just keep clear.
We are architects of our own demise. If we didn't shop online large stores would not be closing. It is almost certain that a drone will cause a civil aircraft disaster.
Having said that, how wonderful it is to Google anything and get a credible answer, or download any amount of films to be watched at our leisure.
Maybe one day we will be able to vote out any politician at any time for not fulfilling their promises, at the tap on a keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom