More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Unrelated to the OP story but i have to ask, why are crossbows even legal to own in the UK?

For what purpose, just to fire at targets in your garden and show your chavy mates or what?

Soldato
Shocking story.

I just read that he went to put a box in the shed and the murderer was hiding in there. Jumped out and ran into the house with a loaded crossbolt.

That's going to do some psychological harm to think that perhaps you could have done something to have stopped him getting into the house.

Caporegime
Well I checked the website and couldn't find one.

But I remember being over at Lakeside within the past 5 years and pickone one up off the shelf and saying to my other half "How on earth are these legal?"

Soldato
Indeed it is legal to own a crossbow... they can be pretty expensive though damn.... you just aren't allowed to carry them in public / hunt with them.

Wouldn't mind giving one a go at a target range or something.

Soldato
Well I checked the website and couldn't find one.

But I remember being over at Lakeside within the past 5 years and pickone one up off the shelf and saying to my other half "How on earth are these legal?"

I think you can usually pick up these types of things at local market type places - where the kids used to pick up BB guns and laser pens.

Soldato
OP
Unrelated to the OP story but i have to ask, why are crossbows even legal to own in the UK?

For the same reason "ninja" weapons aren't. It's media headlines. Did you read the dangerous weapons consultation that went round last year? Morningstar legal. Japanese chain weapon, not legal.

Sword with a straight-edge, legal. Sword with a curved edge (katana), not legal. You can buy a sword legally right now if it's hand-made (I know someone with one) but the same sword mass-produced would be illegal. Fun-fact: The cartoon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was renamed to "Hero" Turtles in the UK and in the movie the censors cut a scene where the orange turtle swings around a string of sausages like nunchucks. British Politicians have a real "corrupting the youth" panic mindset. 70% of UK weapons legislation is based in this mindset. If crossbows were called Crossbuko and kids thought they were cool, they'd be banned tomorrow.

The pope tried to ban them once, too (not this one) to prevent the end of the world.

Last edited:
Associate
It's awful that knife crime is so bad. The only small consolation is that most of it involves gangs who are willing participants. where it is a tragedy is when innocent people are hurt.

Caporegime
It's awful that knife crime is so bad. The only small consolation is that most of it involves gangs who are willing participants. where it is a tragedy is when innocent people are hurt.

These kids were innocent once as well... It's easy from an outside perspective to call it willing, when you've not seen/ignored the context in which someone would gravitate towards these gangs in the first place.

Soldato
Honour killing for sure, she shared the same name as her killer before she got married.

The real question is if the Husband was part of it?

The story sounds a little "iffy" to me, he found this guy in the shed, he ran instead of closing the door and trapping him inside and when he got inside the house, he didn't close the door on him and all the while, somehow his wife got shot by a crossbow? You think... he be standing front of his wife, protecting her, especially in a small house they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom