AMD Black Friday from Sapphire GO GO GO !!!

Associate
Getting ready for BFV - Been sharking ready for Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming up generally... watching for a RTX 2080... cheapest I scouted was £660 - still too much. This review came out today basically tanking any hope of playing BFV with Ray Tracing on 2K.... https://www.techspot.com/review/1749-battlefield-ray-tracing-benchmarks/

Looked at tons of other benchmarks such as https://www.techspot.com/review/1746-battlefield-5-gpu-performance/ - on the whole this deal for the Vega 64 @ £399+P&P us great - playing 2K @ 84-95FPS on Ultra.

Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 Nitro+ 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £398.99 inc VAT

Hope Nvidia and Radeon are reading this... haven't been a Radeon ATI card holder for at least 15 years.

As a bonus there's £150 worth of games allegedly - hopefully I'll be able to sell them on and make the already good price that much better!

Soldato
was looking at the 590 but thr v56 is a great deal, the only problem is the waterblock!!

Edit...if they had released at this price point they would have had the gaming market sewn up and if it wasn't for the mining boom this would have been the price point ages ago.

Associate
One word, GUTTED (Angry face)

I ordered my Sapphire RX580 card last week when the offer from AMD was posted that it was running until Monday, I purchased on the Sunday before but was told it was an error on the forum topic and it wouldn’t be honoured. Now a week and a half later it’s back again but I’ve already purchased. Could actually cry

Soldato
So how does the 56 in the OP compare to the 590 red devil? Are the 590's just oc'd out of the box nearer to their limit, does the 56 have much more headroom for OC? Just a bit confused what is the better deal for available clock speed potential and fps @ 1440p?

Soldato
So tempted to get a VEGA 56 but struggling to justify the upgrade from a Fury X. I seem to remember the Fury X was sort of close to the Vega 56 at release, has this changed with more optimised drivers? I play at 1440p if that makes a difference

I'm also thinking that the 7nm Vega cards might be on the way and Sapphire are trying to get rid of old stock. Wondering if I'd regret the purchase shortly after getting it if AMD released a new revision of Vega cards that were much better than these.

Doesn't stop me being really really tempted though...

Associate
I have a R9 390 at the moment. Been out of the loop for a little while but seen this deal and wonder if its worth the upgrade in all honestly? Hoping to get back into BFV with a 1440p monitor.

Thanks all

Soldato
I have a R9 390 at the moment. Been out of the loop for a little while but seen this deal and wonder if its worth the upgrade in all honestly? Hoping to get back into BFV with a 1440p monitor.

Thanks all
I upgraded to my Vega64 from my 290x (around same performance as 390). At stock it is around 80% faster, but once overclock it's easily almost double the speed of my 290x.

Coming from a 390x I would imagine you already have at least a decent quality 650W PSU, but for the Vega64 it would actually require two PCI-E 8pin power, and it is strongly recommend to get each of the 8pin from separate cables of separate source from the PSU rather than two 8pins connectors bench-off from the same cable.

Back
Top Bottom