Outlaw King - Netflix

Associate
I have just spent the last two hours watching this film and it is much better than Braveheart. It was beautifully filmed moreso the Glencoe scenes. Chris Pine was wonderful as Robert the Bruce and his accent was excellent. Sound quality was superb espically with a surround sound unit. An amazing film but not everyone will like it, The battle scenes were gory but again well filmed. I would like to watch it again.

Associate
What a great film. Kind of picks up around the end of the William Wallace story but told in a much more sombre if just as brutal and grimy manner. Feel bad watching this on the small screen, this sort of film should really have a widespread Cinema release first.

Big fan of the director David Mackenzie anyway, Hell or High Water is one of my favourite films of last year and Starred Up is excellent.

Dont know what the scots think of the main roles and accents, I thought Chris Pine was excellent, but the stand out by a long way was Aaron Taylor Johnson, hopefully theres some best supporting actor nods heading in his direction.

Like Braveheart theres a spectacular amount of dramatic license taken with barely known history, but as an Englishman still oddly feel some guilt despite not being Lord Farqington Har Har the 23rd and my ancestors probably getting pood on from the same great height as the Scots.

Permabanned
I have just spent the last two hours watching this film and it is much better than Braveheart.

Soz man but it wasn't near Braveheart levels.
The first 40 mins felt forced, rushed and the initial love interest was unbelievable and again felt forced, rushed and had no leading flow.

Braveheart is an outright story, real or not, historically correct, factual or not, it's a great piece of cinematic story telling. TOK is good but no where near as good.
The best thing about it was James Douglas and Aaron Taylor-Johnson's excellent characterisation of.

Soldato
OP
Watched last night and was surprised to say the least, the panning shots looked amazing and the battles were brutal, it's a slow burner to get going and clocks in just over 2 hours but it's definitely worth it.

My only issue with it was the speed of which the English could travel from London upto Scotland and back.

Associate
Googled outlaw king to see reviews, got a bunch of articles about Chris pines penis :/ suppose that's journalism etc these days.

Finished watching it earlier great movie, thought it deserved better than the fifty odd percent it got on rotten tomatoes.

Caporegime
Just watched it. Loved it. Amazing that we’re getting movies of this scale and quality released directly to our tellies at home. This would have done very well at the box office imo.

Is it as good as Braveheart? Difficult for me as that film has a bit of a special place in my fave movies, but I enjoyed it just as much definitely.

Final battle was particularly intense and visceral.

One things for certain, Pine’s Scottish accent knocks spots off Gibson’s pathetic attempt.

Soldato
It had very bloody violence but the bits in between felt low budget and Edward was played like a baddie straight out of an 80s fantasy film.

Braveheart is my wife's favorite film, she enjoyed this but not in the same league. Well done, but definitely a netflix film and not a future classic.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Not bad and yeah did not want to see Captain kirk's shuttlecock, there's a scene where hes in the river bathing and I was thinking hopefully his fellow clansman throws him his clothes and thank goodness he did, had enough of captain kirks docking port view as it was.

Don't believe any woman if she just said it was alright....

And what was up with his hair cut ?

Soldato
I thought it was decent actually. Florence Pugh certainly has something about her :o

I was mildly disappointed by the battle scenes though. Not great, a bit of a mess. They could have used some practical blood effects, not the rubbish CGI... And did they not watch Battle of the B******s? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom