Iceland Orangutan advert prevented from being aired

Permabanned
Whether you think it's been cynically made or not is sort of irrelevant. I'm sure many of us on here where already aware of how environmentally hostile Palm plantations can be and the fact this has made more people aware is fantastic. Those saying "bit too late for that now isn't it"... don't really know what to say to that. You are and always will be part of the issue :/

Soldato

Thanks, but I'm still confused:

“An advertisement contravenes the prohibition on political advertising if it is: an advertisement which is inserted by or on behalf of a body whose objects are wholly or mainly of a political nature,” the code says. Clearcast says its concerns “do not extend to the content or message of the ad”.

“The advert wasn’t approved by Clearcast as it was seen to be in support of a political issue,” a spokesperson for Iceland says.

Greenpeace:

Greenpeace is a non-governmental environmental organization with offices in over 39 countries and with an international coordinating body in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Greenpeace was founded by Irving Stowe and Dorothy Stowe, Canadian and US ex-pat environmental activists in 1971.

What political issue? There's a moral issue sure, but political?

Caporegime
Thanks, but I'm still confused:

“An advertisement contravenes the prohibition on political advertising if it is: an advertisement which is inserted by or on behalf of a body whose objects are wholly or mainly of a political nature,” the code says. Clearcast says its concerns “do not extend to the content or message of the ad”.

“The advert wasn’t approved by Clearcast as it was seen to be in support of a political issue,” a spokesperson for Iceland says.

Greenpeace:

Greenpeace is a non-governmental environmental organization with offices in over 39 countries and with an international coordinating body in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Greenpeace was founded by Irving Stowe and Dorothy Stowe, Canadian and US ex-pat environmental activists in 1971.

What political issue? There's a moral issue sure, but political?

That is my take on it, and why I don't agree with Clearcast's opinion.

Sure, if it had a big 'Vote for the Green Party' or somesuch in it, but it doesn't.

Soldato
Not caring is a valid opinion maaaaaaate.

I could on a huge rant about humanity being ****, but i've done that plenty. These animals are already extinct as far as i'm concerned.

Speechless. Someone else's problem eh? As long as you can still consume consume consume then we are all good eh.

Meanwhile, from a self aware human with a conscience it's been great to see the coverage this advert has been getting recently. Will help enlighten some in this country to use our most effective weapon towards these issues; our wallets.

Caporegime
Speechless. Someone else's problem eh? As long as you can still consume consume consume then we are all good eh.

Meanwhile, from a self aware human with a conscience it's been great to see the coverage this advert has been getting recently. Will help enlighten some in this country to use our most effective weapon towards these issues; our wallets.

I'm be purposely obtuse, much like the society at large because that's reality. This advert is fine, but it's so ******* late in the game as to be pointless.

All those measures to preserve the past is just wasting time when we should be preserving the future, especially since every few months another damning report on the speed of climate instabilities continues to be depressing. Palm oil is just a symptom, it's not what's causing the destruction overall.

Back
Top Bottom