*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
What are people's thoughts on the PS4 entries for Uncharted, i.e. Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy?

I'm finding U4 a bit of a struggle, not the difficulty but it feeling like a chore. The story isn't that interesting, it's not a patch on Uncharted 2 which is my favourite. However, I'm loving the environments, the graphics and the exploring. But when it comes to fight time, I'm thinking "Oh bother, here we go again" and want to get those bits over and done with quickly. I do want to play Legacy eventually but if it's more of the same as U4 then I'll need a few months before I start that to avoid fatigue.

Soldato
What are people's thoughts on the PS4 entries for Uncharted, i.e. Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy?

I'm finding U4 a bit of a struggle, not the difficulty but it feeling like a chore. The story isn't that interesting, it's not a patch on Uncharted 2 which is my favourite. However, I'm loving the environments, the graphics and the exploring. But when it comes to fight time, I'm thinking "Oh bother, here we go again" and want to get those bits over and done with quickly. I do want to play Legacy eventually but if it's more of the same as U4 then I'll need a few months before I start that to avoid fatigue.

I loved both of them but I actually think I preferred Lost legacy more, UC4 had too much climbing.

You really should give Lost Legacy a go, it really is brilliant, and playing as a different character makes the series a little more refreshing.

Soldato
I like U2 and 4 equally but 4 has that down-to-earth and more lifelike feeling I really enjoy. It's a great send-off for Nathan and has the best locations. The series' niggles are still there and the shootouts can get tiring but it's a very solid game.

From what I've heard, LL is just a condensed and more streamlined 4.

Soldato
Have ordered God Of War, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Colossus and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition for just over £80, there's still a few Playstation exclusives I haven't got which I might pick up if the prices are good during sales.

Associate
Have ordered God Of War, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Colossus and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition for just over £80, there's still a few Playstation exclusives I haven't got which I might pick up if the prices are good during sales.

Wow bargain! Some of the best games of the gen right there. SOTC is the only game I felt was overrated. I got bored halfway through and traded it. The others are brilliant with HZD, SM, and GOW best in class games really. Look stunning too especially in hdr.

Soldato
It's been a good Black Friday for PS4 games so far - Detroit for £14, God of War for £20 and Spiderman for £28. By the time I'm done with these three, RDR2 will have hopefully taken it's first price cut.

Associate
Detroit is a bargain at £14. Went somewhat under the radar and whilst I was overall dissapointed with it due to really poor pacing imo (really slow and dragged in parts) it’s a great tech showcase for the PS4 and motion capture. The story is actually decent to. Couldn’t be bothered to try for any more choices however and sold it after I completed it. Well worth a play through though!

V F

V F

Soldato
Picked up God of War in the PSN sale. Playing this in 4K HDR and really impressed so far

It's been a good Black Friday for PS4 games so far - Detroit for £14, God of War for £20 and Spiderman for £28. By the time I'm done with these three, RDR2 will have hopefully taken it's first price cut.

God of War was the only one that stood out for me. Hopefully Assassin's Creed Odyssey is in the Christmas/Boxing Day/New Years sale. I had to hold myself back from that with all the games I've still yet to get through.

Back
Top Bottom