Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Not hearing good things about motorcycle live so far, mate of mine went yesterday for the first day and said it was quite empty and very poor deals, that's to be expected though.

Soldato
Motorcycle live:
We Went Yesterday, was a little concerned beforehand as I'd watched Jamie Whitam's preview show and he mentioned twice that it was smaller than previous years, I needn't have been! The show was still in four halls (as usual) and was as busy and enjoyable as always.
The highlight for me was definitely the new Suzuki Katana as I drooled over the original model as a nipper back in the day. Also I love that all the 1000cc class bikes have massive winglets , they look awesome.

Enjoyed the show that much, I'm probably going to go pop up again.

My tip for those yet to go, take your own food with you. or go out to one of the Resorts World bars/restaurants for lunch. the food served within the halls was the usual overpriced sub quality crap.

Soldato
Agreed. Looks bloody horrible.

I've really wanted a proper Katana since I was about 10, and I had high hopes for a modern interpretation but it's very disappointing. I'm sure it'll be fine to ride, since it's basically a GSX-S1000 but it just looks so wrong. The super tall "Judge Dredd" handlebars are one of the biggest offenders for me, which could be fairly easily fixed I suppose.

Caporegime
Let's be honest, the original Katana was sold on its performance, not its looks. In today's era of fancy plastic bikes and sexy nakeds that style doesn't hold up and the performance is beaten by tons of machines. It's being sold to rose tinted goggles.

Back
Top Bottom