BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
340i removed from sale and i'll keep it until (at least)July/August when i go away with work for 6 months. Couple trips to Germany in the pipeline :) After a lot of thought and maths and stuff, it just doesn't make sense to sell right now

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Joined the club :p Factory 328 in montreal blue

IMG-20181027-19563407-1.jpg

Man of Honour
any major issues with a 2013 F30 320i? read some stories but as with the tinerweb just bad not good, looking to change from a diesel A3 as less mileage

My mum has this engine in her Z4. Surprisingly fuel efficient but can have timing chain issues. It needs to be cheap though as the 328i is the same engine with far more power and the same running costs.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
That actually looks really nice... Go on tell us the whole story :)
I went to see an s14, quite a journey and it ended up being a complete shed so on the way back we stopped to look at this E36. I made the guy a low offer and he accepted it, so I bought it.

It'll be a good car to get the basics down. :)

Caporegime
I went to see an s14, quite a journey and it ended up being a complete shed so on the way back we stopped to look at this E36. I made the guy a low offer and he accepted it, so I bought it.

It'll be a good car to get the basics down. :)
Age? Miles and most importantly, how much was it?

Always liked the e36, good ones - with the right engine- are starting to really rise in value.

Soldato
I'm interested in buying this vehicle and I've had a couple of videos back from the dealer showing the car in detail and the service history.

Everything looks in order, I've got in touch with the dealer to ask about negotiations and extras that they might be able to offer, and I've had this reply:

Inchcape(cooper BMW) run a price policy know as Price Advantage.
This means to you that our car will have been priced to the market taking into account it's age ,mileage ,history and specification . The programme then searches the market and daily checks values to make sure that our car is the lowest priced car base on the vehicle details.
We are happy that we can say that the car you have enquired on is the best priced car taking into account these details.
If you have any other questions, for exampleabout extending the Warranty past 12 months, please call me on the number below.

Is this sales guff? I'm assuming so.

Interesting how they've mentioned extending the warranty however. I'd be keen to get an M perfomance exhaust and 2 years extended warranty, if they're not budging on price.

I've also found the ad on AutoTrader and it's been live since the 1st Sept this year, and they've responded to my queries very fast.

Wondering what you guys think about the price and if they'll likely move on it?

If it helps, I'm paying with a bank loan rather than PCP.

Soldato
I'm interested in buying this vehicle and I've had a couple of videos back from the dealer showing the car in detail and the service history.

Everything looks in order, I've got in touch with the dealer to ask about negotiations and extras that they might be able to offer, and I've had this reply:

Is this sales guff? I'm assuming so.

Interesting how they've mentioned extending the warranty however. I'd be keen to get an M perfomance exhaust and 2 years extended warranty, if they're not budging on price.

I've also found the ad on AutoTrader and it's been live since the 1st Sept this year, and they've responded to my queries very fast.

Wondering what you guys think about the price and if they'll likely move on it?

If it helps, I'm paying with a bank loan rather than PCP.
Is this the best priced one out there or are there genuinely others for less ££?

Soldato
Email back and state that you do have a query, namely the price :D

Ha, I'm just not sure how much to lowball them!

Is this the best priced one out there or are there genuinely others for less ££?

AutoTrader valuation says:

Dealer guide price
£19,310 - £21,350

And that doesn't take into consideration the options, which other than the sunroof, is pretty much loaded. So it's in the right ballpark, for sure.

I'm very keen on the car but paying sticker price or equivalent isn't something I want to do again. I just wonder why it's been for sale for so long.

Associate
I'm very keen on the car but paying sticker price or equivalent isn't something I want to do again. I just wonder why it's been for sale for so long.
Its a very well spec'd car, in my experience dealing with BMW used approved they have very little wiggle room to negotiate with. They prefer deals on new. You might even get a better deal taking their PCP then immediately settling the finance with your bank loan. If you're happy to gamble on losing it, then wait it out longer as they will often reduce the price if its stood for ages.

Soldato
I've had a quick look on AT, and there's no equivalent car that's cheaper listed on AT (search criteria 2014+, < 20k miles, 3l engine, trade sales only) with this or similar specification.

However, what's worrying is that there is a 2016 model with 11k miles for an extra £1k:

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201809070251331

It's a manual, so may not be to everyone's taste.

In terms of negotiating the price, unless you're doing a trade in, there's really no incentive for them to drop the price. You may be able to get a good discount on warranty and other services, though.

Soldato
Its a very well spec'd car, in my experience dealing with BMW used approved they have very little wiggle room to negotiate with. They prefer deals on new. You might even get a better deal taking their PCP then immediately settling the finance with your bank loan. If you're happy to gamble on losing it, then wait it out longer as they will often reduce the price if its stood for ages.

I'd imagine you're right. I did exactly the same on another BMW almost three years ago, my credit score has improved since then so I reckon I'd be able to pull that off. I've gone back with a counter offer on this M235i, so if they can't match that then I'll try the PCP route.

I've had a quick look on AT, and there's no equivalent car that's cheaper listed on AT (search criteria 2014+, < 20k miles, 3l engine, trade sales only) with this or similar specification.

However, what's worrying is that there is a 2016 model with 11k miles for an extra £1k:

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201809070251331

It's a manual, so may not be to everyone's taste.

In terms of negotiating the price, unless you're doing a trade in, there's really no incentive for them to drop the price. You may be able to get a good discount on warranty and other services, though.

Whilst on paper I get your point, it's a manual, has no adaptive suspension, no electric seats, and I really abhor the colour combo, so it's really not on my radar (I'd have it in white if all other options that I want were ticked, but they're not).

I'm pushing for the two years warranty and a few quid off, we'll see how we go. Thanks for doing a bit of digging mate!

Soldato
Anyone on here done the retrofit from the smaller screen to the 8.5 screen with the sat nav etc. Been looking around and I can find places that do it, all miles away from me. Thinking of doing it myself but I need to get it recoded, and I will lose DAB. The benefits wil certainly outweigh the losing of DAB.
If anyone know somewhere in Scotland or the north of England that can do that, can you let me know please.

thanks

Soldato
Anyone on here done the retrofit from the smaller screen to the 8.5 screen with the sat nav etc. Been looking around and I can find places that do it, all miles away from me. Thinking of doing it myself but I need to get it recoded, and I will lose DAB. The benefits wil certainly outweigh the losing of DAB.
If anyone know somewhere in Scotland or the north of England that can do that, can you let me know please.

thanks
It sounds.... difficult.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921688

Soldato
Soldato
Hi Guys,
in your experience how accurate are trip comp MPGs? In my mondy I know it was accurate within ~1.5 mpg, however my 4 series is way out on several refuels. I'm hand calculating 27-28mpg each time, and each time the dash is showing 32+mpg. Is there a way to recalibrate it?

Caporegime
My e38 (18 years old) reads an average - predominantly around town - of 18.8mpg, working out by filling and dividing the contents of the fill by the miles covered (I’ve done this more than once) it’s averaging 20.5 mpg.

My partners 118d thinks it’s averaging 44mpg whereas it’s actually around 47.

So I seem to be having the opposite of you - the OBC in our cars seems to be pessimistic rather than optimistic!

Back
Top Bottom