Adding more HDMI ports to Tv

Associate
I'm planning on getting a sound bar for my LG oled but the TV only has 3 hdmi to start with and I will be losing one if I connect the soundbar to the tv via the him arc.

What are my options for gaining more HDMI ports. I've looked at hdmi splitters but can't find any that pass through the 4k hdr. Only other option I can think is to get av receiver that supports pass through 4k hdr and connect soundbar to that via arc then I've got the extra hdmi I need

Man of Honour

There's a BIG different between the way a splitter and a switch works.

Use a splitter when you want to share one source device on to several displays without rewiring. For example, to send the output from BD 4K UHD player sent to a TV and a projector then you would use a two-way splitter. Splitting is the act of making multiple copies of the same signal.

If you need more HDMI sockets on a TV, then a splitter is no use at all. What you need is a switch.

Switches make it possible to connect several sources to one input on a display device. The TV itself is a switch. It has 2/3/4 HDMI inputs that you switch between to see the image on the screen. An AV receiver is another example of a switch device. A stand-alone HDMI switch is simply that functionality in a separate box. Don't waste your time and money buying a splitter when what you need is a switch.

Back
Top Bottom