• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD BLACK FRIDAY: MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON VEGA & RX PLUS RX 590 IS HERE & UPTO THREE GAMES FREE !!!

Soldato
56 has sold out you can still pre order at £299 until tomorrow.
64 will end tomorrow as close to selling out.

Only Asus and Gigabyte shall remain, I did post this info earlier.

Yeah, you said the Asus and Gigabyte remain but for how much longer?
Until after black Friday?
Thanks.

Associate
Is a Vega 64 overkill for an i5 3570K running 1080 res. I do use dual monitors, but only game on one whilst sometimes have TV or YouTube on the other at the same time. Would Vege 56 be more than enough?

Associate
Asus strix Vega 64 or Nitro+? this will be my first high end graphics card for me eGPU Mac setup. as per my research on other forums, Asus strix tends to thermal throttle a lot and nitro+ has great cooling system..but those post are almost a year now.. and the Asus strix has been sold out and is for pre-order now.
advise please!

thanks!

Associate
Opinions on if an ageing FX 6300 system which currently has an amd 7850 GPU would benefit from an upgrade to an RX 570 8GB? Or if the CPU would be too much of a bottleneck and really the entire system should be overhauled? Its a friends system I made around 6 years ago, its used daily including gaming and has always served him well considering the budget price and still plays everything, albeit not at max settings.

Associate
So.....just before I press 'checkout' on the Vega 56 - please could I just check?

Current System:
Gigabyte Z97X motherboard
i5 4690
XFX R9 290
8Gb RAM
Superflower Golden Green 550W 80 plus gold PSU

1. Is the Vega 56 a good upgrade for gaming at 1440p @ 60Hz?
2. With undervolting etc is the PSU up to the job?

Caporegime
;
So.....just before I press 'checkout' on the Vega 56 - please could I just check?

Current System:
i5 4690
XFX R9 290
8Gb RAM

Personally i would want a PSU with more watts. The box on mine says it recommends a 750 watt psu.

Caporegime

Current System:
i5 4690
XFX R9 290
8Gb RAM

Do you have the lastest bios for that mobo? Does vega actaully wpork on non UEFI mobos?

Associate
Aaaaaah - that I don't know - I'd assumed that it would - but then 'assume' does make an ass of u and me :) Best I check....

...or perhaps someone in the audience could advise...;)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
;

Personally i would want a PSU with more watts. The box on mine says it recommends a 750 watt psu.

Surely a vega user can share the actual draw of the device. If others are applying volt reductions and using cool mode (whatever its called) then its probably nowhere near the level a 290x is going to draw? Im going out on a limb here and saying if your PSU can run a 290 flat out then a vega should be less demanding?

Back
Top Bottom