• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

"Binned" CPU's what speed(?)

Associate
Hi All,

I'm looking at the speed binned CPU's and, for example i7 9700k, it says base clock 3.6GHz and pre-binned to 5.1Ghz. Is that 5.1Ghz across all cores? What would it turbo too? What considerations should be given to the motherboard selection?

Soldato
Hi All,

I'm looking at the speed binned CPU's and, for example i7 9700k, it says base clock 3.6GHz and pre-binned to 5.1Ghz. Is that 5.1Ghz across all cores? What would it turbo too? What considerations should be given to the motherboard selection?

It means they overclock to the advertised binned speed, all cores, turbo is disabled when overclocking, if you want to use turbo, and have no intentions of overclocking, then just buy a stock one, as for motherboard and RAM etc, it states in the description which board he used to get the CPU to 5.1ghz across all cores which was this one, so either that or equivalent, nothing in the lower end: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-6cq-as.html

How are CPUs 'Binned'?
Each CPU is individually tested by the world renowned Overclocker 8Pack on specially designed testing rigs which utilise the very latest Maximus XI Hero and 8pack 3200Mhz RAM. Each rig has been configured to utilise pre-determined voltages and settings which allow 8Pack to determine what the silicon is capable of

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom