• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
I really wish I could! It's just not stable with anything less. I mean it boots at 1.25 but is not stable at all. Testing thoroughly, I am at 1.340v 4.9GHz with no WHEA errors...yet.
It might be down to your mobo.

I know SL said that they weren't adding a lot of z370 boards to their qvl because they required more volts for the same OC vs z390.
In fact there is only 1 z370 board listed.

Associate
It might be down to your mobo.

I know SL said that they weren't adding a lot of z370 boards to their qvl because they required more volts for the same OC vs z390.
In fact there is only 1 z370 board listed.

That is a very good point. I had thought that. I guess I just thought it wouldn't make SO much difference. Coming from 8700k 1.280v 5GHz makes it more annoying! Oh well, if I can get it stable then it's pretty much the same but with core cores and cache etc so all good I guess :)

Associate
Ocuk binned Cpus:

• De-lidded by 8Pack for cooler running temperatures under load
  • Guaranteed minimum overclock <snip> with an AIO 240mm cooler with 1.35-1.425v
They come in 4.9 5.0 and 5.1GHz and all are delidded. Perhaps this is why the voltage range is higher than SL. If the delid allows better cooling then it makes sense that more voltage could be used.
Then again, the 1.35 - 1.425v part of the page might be copied and paste from pre binned 8 series chips (which list the same voltage range) or a conservative estimate meaning the actual voltage you are told to use is lower.

Zero info on what the AVX offset is but i believe stress testing and validation of the oc is done with non avx loads anyway. This assumption is based on how the 8 series were tested.

I would be very interested to know what sort of numbers ocuk are seeing in terms of 9900k bins.

Associate
That is a very good point. I had thought that. I guess I just thought it wouldn't make SO much difference. Coming from 8700k 1.280v 5GHz makes it more annoying! Oh well, if I can get it stable then it's pretty much the same but with core cores and cache etc so all good I guess :)
The 9900k is no slouch even at stock, the 2 core 5ghz makes a big difference.

Maybe if you tweak the oc per core you can squeeze even more out of your cpu.

And as a bonus if at some point you do decide to swap to z390 perhaps you'll unlock extra hidden potential.

Just a shame z370 happened. It seemed like a rushed response to ryzen while z390 was the release z370 should have been. I feel like i got lucky being able to return my z370 when i did

Associate
The 9900k is no slouch even at stock, the 2 core 5ghz makes a big difference.

Maybe if you tweak the oc per core you can squeeze even more out of your cpu.

And as a bonus if at some point you do decide to swap to z390 perhaps you'll unlock extra hidden potential.

Just a shame z370 happened. It seemed like a rushed response to ryzen while z390 was the release z370 should have been. I feel like i got lucky being able to return my z370 when i did

That's a good idea. It appealed to be able to swap the cpu without having to remove everything from the case for a new mobo! Maybe there is a bit more tweaking that can be done. Going to get 100% stable where I am for now though I think.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
my 9900k from US rainforest is coming tomorrow i have 2 8700 rigs one ITX ncase M1 rig with a Strix 370 and a H75

the other rig is a caselabs SM8 with a 480+360 SR2s rads

will test the beast in the ITX one first not but don't have much hope for anything better than stock.. lol might be better off keeping the de lidded 8700K @ 5GHz in it

but will see tomorrow

Associate
my 9900k from US rainforest is coming tomorrow i have 2 8700 rigs one ITX ncase M1 rig with a Strix 370 and a H75

will test the beast in the ITX one first not but don't have much hope for anything better than stock.. lol might be better off keeping the de lidded 8700K @ 5GHz in it

but will see tomorrow

Look forward to hearing how it goes! :)

Mobster
Soldato

but will see tomorrow

When did you order? I'm still waiting for mine

Associate
just checked the fedex tracking its been delivered 11.32 am not bad considering it was only shipped Friday

now... need to feign illness at work so i can go home early... no one likes working next to a sick guy :D

You would be doing your place of work a disservice if you stayed. Better you go home and rest and not spread this sudden mystery illness.;)

Associate
Well I have just finished an hours run of Aida64 stability test at 5.2ghz, 1.330v set in bios, LLC7, full load voltage was 1.279v, max 1.305v, max temp 79c. Happy with that.

PS no FPU/AVX

d295a0d1-adee-4f36-adcc-f08358436804-original.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Quick CineBench run @5.3ghz, just to see if it would complete. Means absolutely zilch though.

5e0cd20c-0a51-4470-9a11-c837ab6c5961-original.jpg

Awesome results, best on the forum yet?

Is that one of our binned de-lidded chips or did you just buy regular tray stock and go for silicon lottery, assuming you purchased from us?

Associate
Awesome results, best on the forum yet?

Is that one of our binned de-lidded chips or did you just buy regular tray stock and go for silicon lottery, assuming you purchased from us?

One of your tray/oem's. Purchased it from you a week ago today Gibbo.

Got the board at the same time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom