LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Launch of this monitor has been pretty much paper launch, at least for rest of EU, right?

Here in Finland no retailer or wholesaler or importer has even heard of this monitor existing so availability will be zero most likely for months to come.

Q3-Q4 of 2018 seems to be quarters of paper launched HW :(

Torilla tavataan.

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. I've had my eyes on this monitor ever since of July and I was hoping to get it by the end of the year. Probably won't be happening...

Maybe we can still wait how Pg35vq monitor turns out before these LG Ultrawides reach Finland. :D The last I've heard about that is Q2 in 2019. But that one has been already delayed now, 2 years?

At least these LGs are out there somewhere in the world...

Associate
Torilla tavataan.

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. I've had my eyes on this monitor ever since of July and I was hoping to get it by the end of the year. Probably won't be happening...

Maybe we can still wait how Pg35vq monitor turns out before these LG Ultrawides reach Finland. :D The last I've heard about that is Q2 in 2019. But that one has been already delayed now, 2 years?

At least these LGs are out there somewhere in the world...

Same in Spain. Product is not listed on any website.

Associate
I don't tend to wait around when buying, I just get on with it :p it was delivered at 10.30am and as the stand is already attached, just a case of plugging in the 2 cables. :)
Happy days !!! I still waiting for my LG , I've been waiting soo long so I can't give up now. But it's hard if U see acer black friday price . I hope it will be worth to wait another week for LG stock :rolleyes:

Soldato
Would still like to see some photos of this monitor with the images I posted earlier, or any other images with a link to the original image, or even better next to a normal SRGB monitor.

Overall this monitor looks quite good but I cannot help but think the DCIP3 colour space is more of a compromise, because LG have this new DCIP3 panel and the Gsync module means they cannot have an SRGB mode, so it is a DCIP3 panel that is stuck at DCIP3 irrelevant of content. Not sure how much of an issue this is in actual use, I do not have a problem with slightly over saturated colours (eg. 5%), but not for example full DCIP3 colour when using SRGB content I think that would be too much.

Anyone want to post any pictures?

Associate
Would still like to see some photos of this monitor with the images I posted earlier, or any other images with a link to the original image, or even better next to a normal SRGB monitor.

Overall this monitor looks quite good but I cannot help but think the DCIP3 colour space is more of a compromise, because LG have this new DCIP3 panel and the Gsync module means they cannot have an SRGB mode, so it is a DCIP3 panel that is stuck at DCIP3 irrelevant of content. Not sure how much of an issue this is in actual use, I do not have a problem with slightly over saturated colours (eg. 5%), but not for example full DCIP3 colour when using SRGB content I think that would be too much.

Solution for that will be put LG to wash mashine for 2 or 3 times . Then U should be all right :D

Associate
I just followed your advice, put the monitor in the washing machine, now it is ruined, thanks for that.
Ahh well for that price I was taught it will be waterproof like a smartfone :confused::D
Enyway I just preparing my PC to squize as mutch fps as possible. Delided my i7 7700k and overclocked to 4.9ghz , add 3 corsair hd120 fans on the front of my case and overclocked my gtx1080ti up to 2025, nothing ealse I can do . Now need to wait a week to test it on 3440x1440p.

Last edited:
Associate
Launch of this monitor has been pretty much paper launch, at least for rest of EU, right?

Here in Finland no retailer or wholesaler or importer has even heard of this monitor existing so availability will be zero most likely for months to come.

Q3-Q4 of 2018 seems to be quarters of paper launched HW :(

Inet is excepted to have it in stock in December for 13900SEK. I would expect Finland to have the same release date as Sweden.

Associate
Those with the 34GK950F, have you used the HDMI ports?

I've been experiencing a weird issue, when connected through HDMI. I use the HDMI connections when working on my macOS and Linux system, and when the power saving kicks in from the OS, I cannot wake the monitor back up. It seems to completely freeze up, I cannot access the OSD either when this happens. The only way to get the monitor up and running again is by power cycling it (physically removing the plug too, since I can't access the OSD at all).

So annoying. Basically got a perfect display otherwise but then I run into a random issue like this. It's a bit concerning that the monitor completely freezes up when this happens. Though if it's a bug on all of them, I can live with it.

I have not had this happen when connected through DisplayPort at least.

Associate
So something i never thought of going from 2560x1080 to 3440x1440. My 1080Ti runs damn hot. It's like an oven next to me haha. Usually ran 70 degrees in summer now hitting 80 plus.

My Asus 1080Ti gets hot at 4k as well, really stresses it.

Really tempted to save money for this but with the Predator X34P getting pretty cheap will this be worth an extra £500?

Associate

Ya. I just talked to B&H photo and they aren’t getting any in stock until the beginning of Dec so I won’t be able to do a side-by-side for another 2 weeks :( I assume someone else out there has an sRGB running parallel to this monitor and can do it too. Otherwise, I’ll do it once I get it. Kinda sucks but the good news is that I saved $200 since they gave me the sale price ! Definitely a no-brainer for me at that price. Great screen!

Associate
My Asus 1080Ti gets hot at 4k as well, really stresses it.

Really tempted to save money for this but with the Predator X34P getting pretty cheap will this be worth an extra £500?

Probably not. I am really hyped by the LG and I have pre-ordered it but if you ask me if it's really worth 500 more than the 34P, I'd say definitely not.

Back
Top Bottom