So, anyone got an iRobot Roomba or other robot vacuum cleaner?

Soldato
Hi

Is the mapping on the Xiaomi S50 persistent?

I've seen YouTube videos of how it uses the laser to scan a floor plan in to the app and show the path it has taken during the cleaning cycle.

Does that map then persist in memory and does it then just tweak it next time if it comes across any changes or does it start with a blank canvas?

If the map persist is it possible to send it to a specific point / area on the map to clean directly and then return to home rather than do a full session?

Thanks

Associate
Hi

Is the mapping on the Xiaomi S50 persistent?

I've seen YouTube videos of how it uses the laser to scan a floor plan in to the app and show the path it has taken during the cleaning cycle.

Does that map then persist in memory and does it then just tweak it next time if it comes across any changes or does it start with a blank canvas?

If the map persist is it possible to send it to a specific point / area on the map to clean directly and then return to home rather than do a full session?

Thanks

Yes and yes.

Soldato
Ordered the S50 yesterday. See how long it takes.

Are people running one for upstairs and one for downstairs or moving the one unit around manually.

Associate
Just to confirm, the 360 S6 is cheaper than the Xiaomi, it has similar laser mapping which 360 use in their self driving cars:p, it has mopping feature. It stores the cleaning history and maps, you can just load whichever map you want, you can also save maps with spot cleans, this means that you can call on that map every time, no need to re-draw. You can remote drive it, It has 2 side brushes:)

You might not get an English version, the spoken messages are in Chinese I guess.

The parts are hard to come buy at this time but not too bad. You could also purchase a 2nd station for £30, this will solve the 2nd floor issue, so that the 360 won't go around looking lost trying to find the station on the ground floor:D

https://smartrobotreviews.com/reviews/the-360-s6-robot-vacuum-vs-xiaomi-roborock.html

Last edited:
Associate
Alright, I'll see what we can do with PlanetGong:)

Also for anyone else looking at Xiaomi VS 360 have a look here too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tt1PVMA91Y

They seem pretty much the same. Guess the only difference is the ease on getting the dust case out on the 360:)
Due to this similarity is the reason I kept the parts from the S50 until I received the 360. I was hoping they would use the same parts but nope, they are just slightly different, and I do mean slightly. Just enough so they can't be used:mad:

Soldato
Well just received a 360 S6 from Gearbest, took about two weeks to arrive no customs etc to pay. Feels weird having it just go about hoovering.

Other thing I've noticed is how much permission the smart phone app required. Has anyone else felt wary of all the details it needs?

To me it's worth the cash already. To think a normal Dyson vacuum is about £200 and I picked this up on a flash deal for £250. Bargain.

Soldato
Sounds like you got lucky with customs too, they must be struggling as i bought the Air Purifier from Gearbest and it came straight to me. Works out a nice £40 saving :)
I think they do state on the website if you choose DHL etc then Gearbest won't be liable for customs etc charges but their own postage doesn't say anything.

Soldato
Just seen the Eufy 11 is down to £156 on Amazon due to the release of the 30c. Can't seem to find a good review on YouTube of the 30c to see if it is worth the extra £90 over the 11 which was fairly highly regarded. Will be using it for an incoming dog on hardwood floors (with a rug) and will be my first robot vacuum so wanna make sure I get one that will suffice.

Anyone have any opinions?

Associate
Just seen the Eufy 11 is down to £156 on Amazon due to the release of the 30c. Can't seem to find a good review on YouTube of the 30c to see if it is worth the extra £90 over the 11 which was fairly highly regarded. Will be using it for an incoming dog on hardwood floors (with a rug) and will be my first robot vacuum so wanna make sure I get one that will suffice.

Anyone have any opinions?
In for a response to this. Missed the drop in price but looking for something simple and the Eufy 11 seems to get a lot of buzz for the cost.. but as it's an older model I wonder if there's something else worth getting (or spending a bit more to get the 30c!)

Soldato
My S50s have just picked up new firmware. V3.3.9_001702

Both installed successfully but can't find any release notes or spot any new features.

Back
Top Bottom