The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
It’s a beauty, for sure. I’m waiting for the new XR they’ll make off the back of it.

Back on topic, I didn’t bother with my camera for the last bike show I went to, as it was just so crowded. I just took my phone.

Soldato
It’s a beauty, for sure. I’m waiting for the new XR they’ll make off the back of it.

Back on topic, I didn’t bother with my camera for the last bike show I went to, as it was just so crowded. I just took my phone.
I don't have my iPhone X anymore and the camera on my new phone is shocking so i can't use that. Last year me and my dad went on the last Sunday and it was empty, took us less than 2 hours to look around everything including the stunt show! You going this year?

Associate
I had the canon mount sigma 150-600 sport with mc-11 and got some very good results with it but my god was it heavy. You’ll need a monopod to be fair. I put up with mine for a month and bought a 100-400, the sigma has since gone and I haven’t looked back. Definitely buy / rent the 100-400 would be my advice

Soldato
I'm going to motorcycle live on Saturday, do you think the 28mm will be wide enough? I have a feeling it's going to be crowded as it's the penultimate day and I may not be able to get far enough back for some shots without having people in the frame.

Was looking for a cheap wider lens that will do me for the day but equally as sharp as the Tamron, only I don't know what to choose? Any tips?

If I take pictures of my bike I need to be around 4ft away to get the bike in the frame @ 28mm, I may not have that room at the show :(

Caporegime
I'm going to motorcycle live on Saturday, do you think the 28mm will be wide enough? I have a feeling it's going to be crowded as it's the penultimate day and I may not be able to get far enough back for some shots without having people in the frame.

Was looking for a cheap wider lens that will do me for the day but equally as sharp as the Tamron, only I don't know what to choose? Any tips?

If I take pictures of my bike I need to be around 4ft away to get the bike in the frame @ 28mm, I may not have that room at the show :(
I would never take a prime to a motorsports event when you are standing in a crowd, it is completely impractical unless you are in the special journalist areas where they want to capture a specific spot.

A 70-200mm is ideal, but the Tamron 28-75mm would also be a good option.

Caporegime
Anyone have the Sony 24mm 1.4 and share some thoughts on it ?

Mainly shoot events / parties

Stunning so far. In fact I think it may well be the best lens Sony has made so far. Sharp from corner to corner wide open. Small and light. Superb for astro shots as well. What is there not to love?

Soldato
I would never take a prime to a motorsports event when you are standing in a crowd, it is completely impractical unless you are in the special journalist areas where they want to capture a specific spot.

A 70-200mm is ideal, but the Tamron 28-75mm would also be a good option.
It's all indoors and everything is fixed so nothing moving etc, just thought maybe with it being crowded then the 28mm might not be wide enough if I can't get far enough back to get the whole bike in the frame. :) I'm hoping it's not too busy so I'll have plenty of room to move around. :)

Associate
Have any of you had issues with the SanDisk extreme pro?
I’ve had what look like two different batches, the ones that are shrink wrap sealed inside work fine, the ones that are loose in a tray are the ones the camera won’t recognise.

Associate
Have any of you had issues with the SanDisk extreme pro?
I’ve had what look like two different batches, the ones that are shrink wrap sealed inside work fine, the ones that are loose in a tray are the ones the camera won’t recognise.

Yes. Ordered one from the rainforest on Friday a Sandisk Extreme Pro 128Gb. I already had a Sandisk Extreme 128Gb from a few months ago which works perfectly fine. This new card came in a Sandisk branded cardboard box, inside was the card in a little case held in a plastic tray, all looked genuine. Put it in card slot 1, of my A7iii and the camera will not recognise it. Put it in card slot 2 camera will recognise it. So format the card in camera slot 2, take it out and put it back in slot 1 camera will not recognise it again. Put it back in slot 2 it will recognise it! I bought it to put in slot 1 so I can get the best speed out of it. When I bought the Sandisk Extreme a few months ago it worked straight away. No issues in either slot. Also the new card did get stuck in slot 2 once when I was moving it backwards and forwards and would not eject properly, had to use some tweezers to pull it out. Put another SD card in that slot and the eject mechanism works fine. It seems this new card may be fractionally thicker than my other SD cards.

So I am concerned that I did not get a genuine Sandisk card.

Back
Top Bottom