Swiftcover - Anyone on here use them?

Associate
Just wanting to know what they are like, they have just beat my renewal price by £600!

A google review shows they are terrible but i find with insurance companys people only ever write the bad things and never the good.

In need of an OCUK opinion

Soldato
I did once, i was building up my NCB at the time & they used to freeze it if you made a windscreen claim which no other insurer did so I moved at renewal.

Soldato
I'm with Swiftcover. Not had a claim, so I've not had any problem.

I find their 'all online' ethos suits me perfectly.

/Edit Actually, tell a lie - I did have a windscreen cover claim. All went through exactly as you'd expect - paid the excess, picked the date and an Autoglass guy came to do the job in a couple of days.

Soldato
I was with them a few years ago but never made a claim so no idea what they are really like. For me back then they were the cheapest by a long shot, then out of the blue their renewal prices shot up so moved. Maybe they’ve now come back full circle looking for customers?

Soldato
Swiftcover = AXA.

Obviously being one of the largest insurance companies in the world doesn't necessarily mean they are good at treating customers well.

Soldato
I was with them a few years ago but never made a claim so no idea what they are really like. For me back then they were the cheapest by a long shot, then out of the blue their renewal prices shot up so moved. Maybe they’ve now come back full circle looking for customers?

I was with them until this year when the renewal shot up so I've moved. Over 10 years NCB here.

As already said, they're all pretty much the same.

Soldato
My girlfriend was with them. Wrote off her X reg Micra at the beginning of this year. Claims department were initially hopeless, not phoning back when promised. Then they claimed she wasn’t claiming on the insurance. Then got it sorted and they paid out £900 (CAP Retail was £1050) on first offer.
The experience of claiming wasn’t easy and stressful but they were by far the cheapest and I imagine all the major players would be similar if you had to claim.

Back
Top Bottom