Battlefield V

Soldato
The only thing that is annoying me about this game is the game modes and being unable to play a mode that you want to play.

I want to play domination but the only way at the moment is to play with Infantry focus mode that is a mix of TDM, Domination and Frontlines and Frontlines is just terrible/broken. Games can take up to 90 minutes which is stupid it can be an hour anyway but when you add the bugs it takes even longer.

Dice should just remove it until it's playable or at least add the option to play the modes you want.

I'm not sure if it's just the Xbox having a small community/not many players but the advanced search now show 0 servers and finding a game is taking ages even for conquest (which I don't really want to play) and when you eventually get a games there's only a few players in it.

Hopefully this will change next week when people start playing the standard version.

I guess the servers will sort themselves out with the full launch, I like a mix of game modes (used to love mixed mode servers on BF3 on PC) but i HATE TDM on battlefield, always have. Domination is quick fun and fast levelling when no one else is online for more organised play.

Frontlines is great fun and i enjoy the game types BUT your right its got issues, Ive had a game that didnt end when the time ran out, game lasted nearly 2 hrs, Another game the bombs stopped spawning but we didnt go back to the previous cap point. its one of the rushed parts of this game thats for sure.

There is an Error with the server browser where is shows no servers in Europe even though you can see them if you turn the filters off.
XBox defiantly does not have a small community, in fact it may have the biggest sue to EA access, when you check the server browser this weekend every server was full, conquest and "infantry focused", you cant see grand ops servers from the browser.

Its a good game, much better than BF1, at least the gun-play is better thats for sure, but it needs some work, something DICE have been good at in the past, (even Hardline got good support even though no-one was playing it)

Man of Honour
Loved playing this over the weekend, some issues but I half expect a Day one patch before the “proper” release date.

Loving it though, exactly what I was hoping for following BF1 and having Played COD: WW2 the past year.

Also finding the Xbox One X to be a step up, some of these maps are beautiful! Also feels a bit more real, little ditches and gully’s everywhere for cover, running through fields of flowers.

Fair enough I got it bundled and didn’t pay the £80 on its own for Deluxe but it’s going to get a lot of play from me.

Caporegime
Coming to the end of my trial, feelings are the same on this game.

- Where are the shadows? The characters just seem to float around the map and the running animations are garbage
- Feels like this game is moving towards COD, less vehicles, more weapon colours and customisations, V1 rockets (FO with that)
- Tanks are sitting ducks which is probably why you rarely see anyone spawn one
- Game doesn't give you that 'grand' feeling like previous games, maps seem and feel smaller
- The medic guns are trash (at least the ones I've unlocked are, perhaps there are better options further down the tree)
- Everyone on assault who has it unlocked is running the STG so I would assume there could be balancing issues, if I die to assault you can rest assured it's via STG
- The recon class is all but dead
- Where are all the guns? Compare the number of guns Vs something like BF4 or even BF1. One shotgun?
- Way too many defects to mention in the SP. Couple of favs though: corpses reanimating then falling back down again, reload animations locking the animation so you cant see half the screen until you swap weapons and back again, water animation at distance looks Sega Genesis quality, texture pop in, objectives moving to a point outside the map so they can't be completed without a checkpoint reload, vehicles and enemies literally appearing and then disappearing out of/into thin air.

It's average, but it's a time sink and given I have no desire to play COD if I need an MP shooter fix it seems like there isn't a whole lot of choice as far as recent releases are concerned.

Last edited:
Soldato
What issues?

Ok maybe a few bugs and improvements needed but I have played over the weekend on Xbox no problem.

There are issues, Sounds is very poor, no footsteps and very poor directional sound for gun fire.

Instant deaths from certain guns like the KE7.

End of game screen never showing, the in game customise screen locking up.

sights not aligned on tank guns in 3rd person.

Blenheim bomber 3rd person mode the plane is to close to you so you can't see the bomb reticle.

players spawning on player being shot at and damaged, died so many times to this it's unreal, yet when i try to spawn on a squad mate whos suppressed it never works.

Last night was an odd one, one round could do very well kill players without issues, the next round it was the complete opposite, players would sponge your bullets and turn and kill you in an instant.

The Ju-88 needs a serious nerf, I'm not a good pilot but with just level 2 it has 16 50kg bombs and 4 250kg bombs, on Twisted steel i went 44/3 one of those deaths was due to auto spawn at the round start, on Hamada i jumped into again and flew straight to their spawn killed 5 guys and destroyed 2 tanks, I now have level 4 with another 2 bombs which are 1000kg lol.

I have also switched my Xbox triggers to the bumpers as it's instant response, using the fully upgraded M1A1 on Devastation i went 65/17 the gun is a beast.

Soldato
There are issues, Sounds is very poor, no footsteps and very poor directional sound for gun fire.

Instant deaths from certain guns like the KE7.

End of game screen never showing, the in game customise screen locking up.

sights not aligned on tank guns in 3rd person.

Blenheim bomber 3rd person mode the plane is to close to you so you can't see the bomb reticle.

players spawning on player being shot at and damaged, died so many times to this it's unreal, yet when i try to spawn on a squad mate whos suppressed it never works.

Last night was an odd one, one round could do very well kill players without issues, the next round it was the complete opposite, players would sponge your bullets and turn and kill you in an instant.

The Ju-88 needs a serious nerf, I'm not a good pilot but with just level 2 it has 16 50kg bombs and 4 250kg bombs, on Twisted steel i went 44/3 one of those deaths was due to auto spawn at the round start, on Hamada i jumped into again and flew straight to their spawn killed 5 guys and destroyed 2 tanks, I now have level 4 with another 2 bombs which are 1000kg lol.

I have also switched my Xbox triggers to the bumpers as it's instant response, using the fully upgraded M1A1 on Devastation i went 65/17 the gun is a beast.

Ok, I can't say i have noticed these issues myself even if they were present, also what do you mean about the Xbox triggers to bumpers?

Soldato
I played for most of the weekend and the biggest gripe I have with it is the loading times when you back out of a game to the main menu. It takes ages and as far as I'm aware needs to be done to select new assignments.

I've not experienced any issues like other have apparently had. With regards to the spawning and getting shot straight away, that is in part the game BF has always been kind of bad for it (BF1 was horrific for it) but it mainly comes down to trying to get back in to the game too quick and not taking in what's going on. This is especially true when spawning on a Squad mate.

Soldato
Ok, I can't say i have noticed these issues myself even if they were present, also what do you mean about the Xbox triggers to bumpers?

in the menu go to controller and customise, then you can map the triggers to the shoulders and the shoulders to the triggers, as the spotting is gone now i can use the bumpers for aim and shooting as there is less travel to press the buttons you aim quicker and can tap fire quicker, i then use the triggers for grenades and orders.

Soldato
in the menu go to controller and customise, then you can map the triggers to the shoulders and the shoulders to the triggers, as the spotting is gone now i can use the bumpers for aim and shooting as there is less travel to press the buttons you aim quicker and can tap fire quicker, i then use the triggers for grenades and orders.

Cheers, I think I will stick with the default, feels more natural to me.

Soldato
Bought Origin premium last night and only managed to get one game in before I went to bed and had a break from let's go pikachu, First game I went something like 30-7 with the starter assault rifle, Only played one game so far but I enjoyed that one game, it just felt nicer to play than BF1 did and i'm not sure why.

Soldato
Cheers, I think I will stick with the default, feels more natural to me.

When the practice area launches maybe give it a try, I only did it as BF3/4 on the PS4 had the bumpers as triggers to start with, so I'm more at home that way, just need to train my memory for the spotting and grenades.

Soldato
Coming to the end of my trial, feelings are the same on this game.

- Where are the shadows? The characters just seem to float around the map and the running animations are garbage
- Feels like this game is moving towards COD, less vehicles, more weapon colours and customisations, V1 rockets (FO with that)
- Tanks are sitting ducks which is probably why you rarely see anyone spawn one
- Game doesn't give you that 'grand' feeling like previous games, maps seem and feel smaller
- The medic guns are trash (at least the ones I've unlocked are, perhaps there are better options further down the tree)
- Everyone on assault who has it unlocked is running the STG so I would assume there could be balancing issues, if I die to assault you can rest assured it's via STG
- The recon class is all but dead
- Where are all the guns? Compare the number of guns Vs something like BF4 or even BF1. One shotgun?
- Way too many defects to mention in the SP. Couple of favs though: corpses reanimating then falling back down again, reload animations locking the animation so you cant see half the screen until you swap weapons and back again, water animation at distance looks Sega Genesis quality, texture pop in, objectives moving to a point outside the map so they can't be completed without a checkpoint reload, vehicles and enemies literally appearing and then disappearing out of/into thin air.

It's average, but it's a time sink and given I have no desire to play COD if I need an MP shooter fix it seems like there isn't a whole lot of choice as far as recent releases are concerned.

Can't say I noticed the lack of shadows but do remember shooting my own shadow at one stage.
Medic guns are good in certain situations but limited to close'ish range which is a shame
The STG was a bit OP in the beta but got nerfed before release so it no longer very good, if everyone is running it they are probably doing it because of the beta, there are much better guns in the assault now so if you are dying to an STG it's not because of the gun
Long let the Recon be dead, don't like that class lol
Guns are being added throughout the cycle of the game, more will come

Associate
I had a couple of issues last night whereby I'd completed a round and the game then tried to load the same map again only this time it would get stuck on the loading screen. Happened twice in the space of an hour. All on conquest. Interestingly enough I could interact with the squad section in the bottom right of the screen and see peeps joining and leaving but the map never loaded. Quitting out of the game resolved the issue until it happened again.

Associate
I had a couple of issues last night whereby I'd completed a round and the game then tried to load the same map again only this time it would get stuck on the loading screen. Happened twice in the space of an hour. All on conquest. Interestingly enough I could interact with the squad section in the bottom right of the screen and see peeps joining and leaving but the map never loaded. Quitting out of the game resolved the issue until it happened again.

I have had the same issue a couple of times. Mostly this occurs when I join a friend and their game ends while I’m joining. But on occasion between maps too.

Back
Top Bottom