Reinstall windows on NVME, for max performance?

Soldato
Depends on your use case. If it’s as a boot drive or for gaming on then no real differences. If you have a workload or task that can leverage it then sure. Other benefit I suppose is no cables!

Soldato
OP
Q.

I've noticed on the Samsung website that there is an NVME driver. Do I need to install this?

When I set up a 970 Evo on a mates machine I wasn't aware of this driver and just let windows do it's thing.

Also to flash firmware do I do it through the magician software?

Soldato
OP
I can announce that switching from my Crucial MX100 to a 970 EVO has netted me ZERO performance gain. (Games)

Synthetic benchmarks I am over TEN times the speed. But windows and game load times remain unchanged.

Associate
I can announce that switching from my Crucial MX100 to a 970 EVO has netted me ZERO performance gain. (Games)

Synthetic benchmarks I am over TEN times the speed. But windows and game load times remain unchanged.

That's the problem with todays software, it does not use your hardware to the fullest. You can sleep better knowing that you renewed your SSD, as MX100 seem to be 4 years old now, and SSDs have limited lifespan, especially the older ones (except, Intels Optane, that thing is completely unusable for any serious workloads), so with new SSD you reset the failure clock back :) I have one of the very first OCZ SSD drives still running in my main system, but this is going to be replaced by Samsung NVMe drive once I switch everything over to Ryzen system.

Back
Top Bottom