CPU, RAM, SSD BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY DEALS!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Just saw your reply on my other thread @Gibbo
Team Group 3200 CL14 is screened B-die, has tighter timings than the G.Skill 3200, and is on sale?

Think I'm decided ;)

Yes our IC is same or better.
Difference is G.Skill like to make margin on me, whereas on 8 Pack, its my product, my design and I buy at IC level, so no middle man adding margin like G.Skill so I can undercut them for same performance.

But G.Skill or 8 Pack RAM, there is no better, the other brands simply have no answer as they don't have access to screened B-die due to exclusivity agreement from Samsung with G.Skill and TeamGroup. Now of course remember TeamGroup build for other brands, for example the Gigabyte memory is made by V-Colour, but Teamgroup supplies the IC to V-Colour.

In the end its always about trying to cut out middle men, with our 8 Pack RAM we did this, for the money for those who want high performance with tight timings, there is no better, plus the heatspreaders are some of the highest quality out there. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Any chance of a deal on high capacity (1TB) 970 evos?

Working on it, I think some of the Intel I posted are m.2 1TB, yes here:

Intel 660P 1TB M.2-2280 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe QLC 3D NAND Solid State Drive (SSDPEKNW010T8X1) @ £158.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Inte...id-State-Drive-SSDPEKNW010T8X1-HD-08V-IN.html

SSDPEKNW010T801, 1TB Intel SSD 660p Series, M.2 (2280) PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD, QLC 3D NAND, 1800MB/s Read, 1800MB/s Write, 150k/220k

Only £158.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I am working on Samsung, still chance for a last minute deal.

Associate
I'm in the market for a new motherboard/CPU/Memory/SSD bundle. Some of these are exciting.

However, how come when I click the link @Gibbo posted: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/offers/black-friday

I don't see: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Prom...ack-16GB-RAM-FREE-256G-M.2-SSD-BU-06W-AS.html

I'm wondering if there are any others that aren't listed on the Black Friday list that I might want to check out?

I think the 9900K is a bit much for me, wondering if there are any offers on the 9700k.

I have the money if the 9900k is significantly better than the 9700k, but I really use this PC only for:
- Playing games (Battlefield V being the most demanding), but only on 2560x1080 and with a GTX 970.
- Streaming videos
- Programming (This is my job, so lots of IntelliJ windows and browser windows, a lot of compiling and running local Tomcat servers + docker).

I don't really think any of that needs anything as extreme as the 9900k. I could probably do with 16GB or 32GB memory. I occasionally run Oracle box VMs. The things I develop aren't usually memory intensive.

Got any deals on the 9700k as a bundle coming?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in the market for a new motherboard/CPU/Memory/SSD bundle. Some of these are exciting.

However, how come when I click the link @Gibbo posted: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/offers/black-friday

I don't see: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Prom...ack-16GB-RAM-FREE-256G-M.2-SSD-BU-06W-AS.html

I'm wondering if there are any others that aren't listed on the Black Friday list that I might want to check out?

I think the 9900K is a bit much for me, wondering if there are any offers on the 9700k.

I have the money if the 9900k is significantly better than the 9700k, but I really use this PC only for:
- Playing games (Battlefield V being the most demanding), but only on 2560x1080 and with a GTX 970.
- Streaming videos
- Programming (This is my job, so lots of IntelliJ windows and browser windows, a lot of compiling and running local Tomcat servers + docker).

I don't really think any of that needs anything as extreme as the 9900k. I could probably do with 16GB or 32GB memory. I occasionally run Oracle box VMs. The things I develop aren't usually memory intensive.
The 9700K and 9900K are overkill for average users, way to expensive, power hungry and run hot as the sun due to Intel packing the 8 cores onto the aging 14nm process (because their planned move to 10nm became a bust). For productivity, the similar priced AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1st gen 1950x with 16 cores 32 threads and 2nd gen 2920x with 12 cores 24 threads would rip the 9900K apart.

The only tiny advantage of Intel still have is the the slightly higher IPC and per core performance (about 10%) for gaming specifically those that don't use more than 4 cores, but usually at the cost having few cores than AMD's similar priced offering.

IMO, for your usage you might as well just go for a AMD Ryzen+ 2700 8 cores 16 threads build, and save the rest of the money toward your next graphic card upgrade.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Do the 9700k CPUs include any game bundle promotions? Seen a couple floating around

Yes if you look at OcUK webshop you will see this:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inte...e-socket-lga1151-processor-oem-cp-65m-in.html

Intel start pack, OcUK has the games bundle on all 9th gen, of course I only speak for OcUK, not all competitors have the games bundle, but there again I think OcUK is cheapest in UK on 9700K. :)

Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - OEM @ £379.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Inte...e-Socket-LGA1151-Processor-OEM-CP-65M-IN.html

CM8068403874212, 3.60GHz Clock Speed, 4.9GHz Single Core Max Turbo, 12mb Cache, 95W TDP, Dual Channel DDR4 Controller, 1 Year Warranty, OcUK Ships worldwide including USA.

Only £379.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
Any room for maneuver on 2TB SSD pricing?

Sure, I could just get 2 x 1TB but that would mean more cables and I have the cable management skills of a one toed pigeon.

Maybe on Samsung next week, we have done some Samsung deals but unfortunately our deal stock is 1-4 weeks away, yep they are terrible with the shipments, basically you get it in next 30 days, but then should be able to deal something better on Samsung 2TB 860 and 970 potentially.

Associate
The 9700K and 9900K are overkill for average users, way to expensive, power hungry and run hot as the sun due to Intel packing the 8 cores onto the aging 14nm process (because their planned move to 10nm became a bust). For productivity, the similar priced AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1st gen 1950x with 16 cores 32 threads and 2nd gen 2920x with 12 cores 24 threads would rip the 9900K apart.

The only tiny advantage of Intel still have is the the slightly higher IPC and per core performance (about 10%) for gaming specifically those that don't use more than 4 cores, but usually at the cost having few cores than AMD's similar priced offering.

IMO, for your usage you might as well just go for a AMD Ryzen+ 2700 8 cores 16 threads build, and save the rest of the money toward your next graphic card upgrade.

Thanks - That makes my basket considerably cheaper, since the bundle with the 2700 comes with a cooler too. It ends up looking like this (I'd quite like the performance on the m.2 SSDs so I've added one in, i'll put games on the 480gb SSD that comes free with it):

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £659.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Soldato
Maybe on Samsung next week, we have done some Samsung deals but unfortunately our deal stock is 1-4 weeks away, yep they are terrible with the shipments, basically you get it in next 30 days, but then should be able to deal something better on Samsung 2TB 860 and 970 potentially.

Good stuff.

Will sit tight then. Thanks.

In this day and age, I am amazed companies are so flippant regarding delivery timescales for business to business transactions but I guess some are better than others. Likewise, I am sure some can be worse :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Good stuff.

Will sit tight then. Thanks.

In this day and age, I am amazed companies are so flippant regarding delivery timescales for business to business transactions but I guess some are better than others. Likewise, I am sure some can be worse :D

Not just that Samsung will be timing our delivery to coincide with lower NAND prices, it can take a while for that to happen to meet our PO price requirement target placed on them. ;)

Back
Top Bottom