• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Majek, sorry if we have hijacked your thread. Apologies.

Oops, its not your thread, sorry again.

Hi, ;) The OCN 'losers' thread is mine. No worries.

Also, agreed on reporting voltages. It is hard to get 100% fair comparison with different boards, coolers, cases, llc settings, ambient etc.

In my case it is further exacerbated by the fact that Aorus Master has two sensors and one of them gives much higher vcore reading than the other one. Apparently, the one to look at is IT8692E as it is closer to what a multimeter reads.

Thanks,

Associate
Just finished a 1.5 hour Aida stress test at 5.2ghz core and 4.5gh cache. Highest temp 79c, average full load voltage 1.279v. Next up cache @46.

b2ce849c-95fd-478b-ae52-5e6a67b55ba8-original.jpg

Associate
That's a good idea. I guess as time goes by we will see what the average results are. I know it won't make much difference to my experience but it's always nice to get the extra performance and it looks good at 5GHz too! I found the losers thread! What motherboard are you using? I am using more voltage than you 1.340v for 4.9GHz not 5! Thanks.

Hi again,

Just FYI - I thought I was stable with uncore set to 43 and voltage at 1.305 but I am not. Prime 29.5 just gave me a WHEA. I need full 1.32 it seems.
May I ask what uncore/cache ratio you have when running yours at 4.9/1.34?

Thanks!

Associate
Why may I ask are you using P95 to stress test ?

Hi,

the honest answer is that it seems most other people use it. Also, my experience of oc with current boards/cpus is limited, obviously, so I am just checking what the cpu is capable of and learning along the way.

What would you recommend instead? Have tried occt, prime avx and non-avx and CB15.

Thanks!

Associate
Hi,

the honest answer is that it seems most other people use it. Also, my experience of oc with current boards/cpus is limited, obviously, so I am just checking what the cpu is capable of and learning along the way.

What would you recommend instead? Have tried occt, prime avx and non-avx and CB15.

Thanks!

P95 has not been regarded as the best stress test for Intel chips for some time now, I have been overclocking for years now, and have never entertained P95, even though there is a non AVX version available. JMO

Associate
Anyone notice any differences in temp reporting software? I get max temp 91c in HW info compared to 87c in Core temp. Maybe just quick spikes (Intel are known for) not caught at the same time. There's also massive difference in core temps. One barely gets to 80 and others more towards 90 max.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone notice any differences in temp reporting software? I get max temp 91c in HW info compared to 87c in Core temp. Maybe just quick spikes (Intel are known for) not caught at the same time. There's also massive difference in core temps. One barely gets to 80 and others more towards 90 max.

I tend to use HWiNFO for more accurate temp measurements, Core Temp seems a bit off to me. As to core temps you will always have variations between cores, I sometimes get a 10c difference between the highest and lowest temp, but it is normal.

Associate
I tend to go by HWinfo because it reports the highest temps for me. I also see differences between cores as well as spikes, which I understand is normal.

I am finding that games are usually in the high 60's and 70's but I get random 1 second spikes into the high 80's. Average temps over an extended heavy game session are about 70c. Seem about right? or a bit on the warm side?

Back
Top Bottom