• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
For £1300 it should be better than adequate. The performance gain doesn't warrant the huge increase in prices over 1080ti, so everything about the card itself should be absolutely top notch.

Agreed. I'm content but not really happy. Don't wanns send it back due to lack of other stock.

Associate
Well a "shocking" quite literally thing just happened to me. So i noticed a few of nights ago that i heard what sounded like bacon sizzling i looked around looked in my case nothing. I hear the sound again coming from my PC and there were sparking coming from behind the graphics card! This never happened at all with my founders 1080ti so i'm assuming its the card i'll keep you informed if we know anything else. and mabye someone can help me?

Soldato
Well a "shocking" quite literally thing just happened to me. So i noticed a few of nights ago that i heard what sounded like bacon sizzling i looked around looked in my case nothing. I hear the sound again coming from my PC and there were sparking coming from behind the graphics card! This never happened at all with my founders 1080ti so i'm assuming its the card i'll keep you informed if we know anything else. and mabye someone can help me?

I'd send it back, there's no way that's going to end well.

Associate
Fans on my aorus 2080ti extreme didn't seem to work properly until I installed and ran the aorus engine software. Seems like I need to have it running for the fans to work properly. Temps are around 37 idle and 76 after gaming with fans hitting around 70% according to HWINFO64 with aorus engine running. If I don't start the app, temps are hitting 90+ with fans only sitting at 30%. Using latest NVidia drivers and latest bios from Gigabyte support page. Anyone else with this issue? Would really rather not RMA if it can be sorted with bios / driver update.

Associate
Wish I had your card Damis could you look at your card when it’s on and tell me wot colour your led lights are beside the pci express connectors .

Eh it might be one of the better ones on here but it could still be a lot better for the price, the Trio destroys it from what I can see. I assume you're not referring to the Aorus logo, in that case I have no LEDs on next to my PCIE connectors.

Send it back now in my opinion before it dies entirely. What PSU do you have out of curiosity?

Fans on my aorus 2080ti extreme didn't seem to work properly until I installed and ran the aorus engine software. Seems like I need to have it running for the fans to work properly. Temps are around 37 idle and 76 after gaming with fans hitting around 70% according to HWINFO64 with aorus engine running. If I don't start the app, temps are hitting 90+ with fans only sitting at 30%. Using latest NVidia drivers and latest bios from Gigabyte support page. Anyone else with this issue? Would really rather not RMA if it can be sorted with bios / driver update.

A couple people have had that issue, mine worked out of the box, I have noticed that Afterburner won't show my fanspeed, it says it's 33% all of the time which isn't true. As much as Aorus Engine sucks at least it's not giving me false data. I have no Scanner option on my Afterburner either yet it's up to date. I'm currently idling at 30c with 0% fanspeed. I'll report back with gaming temps now that the semi passive option is on. Afterburner and Precision have no option for semi passiveness on this GPU. Seems unique to Aorus Engine.

I’m having problems with games crashing and the only way to is reset the pc . Installing windows now to see that helps .

Try rolling your drivers back to an earlier one. I have a game that is crashing when it didn't a few days ago, the only change is the driver and a game update but the dev blames the driver.

Soldato
Eh it might be one of the better ones on here but it could still be a lot better for the price, the Trio destroys it from what I can see. I assume you're not referring to the Aorus logo, in that case I have no LEDs on next to my PCIE connectors.

Send it back now in my opinion before it dies entirely. What PSU do you have out of curiosity?

A couple people have had that issue, mine worked out of the box, I have noticed that Afterburner won't show my fanspeed, it says it's 33% all of the time which isn't true. As much as Aorus Engine sucks at least it's not giving me false data. I have no Scanner option on my Afterburner either yet it's up to date. I'm currently idling at 30c with 0% fanspeed. I'll report back with gaming temps now that the semi passive option is on. Afterburner and Precision have no option for semi passiveness on this GPU. Seems unique to Aorus Engine.

Try rolling your drivers back to an earlier one. I have a game that is crashing when it didn't a few days ago, the only change is the driver and a game update but the dev blames the driver.

I’ve a 1300watts psu mate install of fresh windows d/l updates now then nvidia drivers .

Soldato
Unfortunately the card my brother ordered is also going back, the screeching noise is terrible.

Gigabyte have rushed this launch. Its an amazing looking card no doubt but it runs hot compares to other top end cards from EVGA, ect. I don't know what the problem is, compared to the EVGA cards the heat sink looks small and the middle fan is likely the cause of the horrible LOUD noise when this thing spins up full blast. It brought back memories of 6990 lol

But its not the sound that the problem or the high temps but the Coil Whine. A £1300 card and you tell me they would not test coil whine and remove those from the manufacturing process. If you look on EVGA forum they will RMA all coil whine no problem. But overclocks have informed me they don't consider coil whine as a defect and only thing left is to get a refund and order again.

shame such a beautiful card.

Associate
PSU is plugged in, not fitted in case or anything just plugged in outside of case. Cranked power/temp sliders in Afterburner - 77c fans on max case on side(open). Card holding 2070 in Valley, although Valley never crashed before. Will fire up a game for 30mins see how I get on. Then I will OC the CPU back to 4.6.

Wish me luck haha

Associate
Unfortunately the card my brother ordered is also going back, the screeching noise is terrible.

Gigabyte have rushed this launch. Its an amazing looking card no doubt but it runs hot compares to other top end cards from EVGA, ect. I don't know what the problem is, compared to the EVGA cards the heat sink looks small and the middle fan is likely the cause of the horrible LOUD noise when this thing spins up full blast. It brought back memories of 6990 lol

But its not the sound that the problem or the high temps but the Coil Whine. A £1300 card and you tell me they would not test coil whine and remove those from the manufacturing process. If you look on EVGA forum they will RMA all coil whine no problem. But overclocks have informed me they don't consider coil whine as a defect and only thing left is to get a refund and order again.

shame such a beautiful card.

I concur, the card looks great and it doesn't feel as cheap as the 1080Ti Xtreme but the performance is lacklustre for the price. Mine seems to be one of the better ones on here but still far from worth the £1300. I was very surprised to hear that it was only a 2.75 slot card and was shorter than the others, it's shorter than the Trio! The smaller fan is definitely the source of the whine too, smaller fans always do that. FTW3 or Strix seem to be the only good high end options right now. It's a shame the Strix is expensive and the FTW3 is ugly.

On your graphiv card. Mate it’s right beside the connector top when they are plugged in.

Yeah, no LEDs on for me at all, maybe that's a sign of a problem?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom