Tin Hearts - Out now

Associate
So, I've been working on a VR game with a newly formed indie company for the last couple of years and we've finally got to the stage of an official announcement with a trailer*.

Will be out on Oculus Rift and Vive next month :)

*(rendered on a graphics card from OCUK ofc).

Soldato
Good luck!

I work in games development myself (though not on VR games :( ), so I know how much time, hard work and effort it takes to make a game these days.

I love that with VR the game development clock has been turned back to the time when everything was new and exciting, and we were discovering what works and what doesn't. I feel modern 2D games have grown pretty stale, and VR is now the place where innovation happens.

Soldato
Has a magical look about it. They say lemmings, Lemmings in VR!!

if executed well with some niffy mechanics, then you should see some traction. Moss, Astrobot, people love the 3rd person quirk.

Soldato
That looks amazing and utterly charming!

I'm not normally a puzzle game fan, but the ability to rewind time if you make a mistake means it's more likely I'd get this.

Soldato
You need to do time control on the fly Ravenger, it's a mechanic for more than just mistakes. From what I've seen so far if you've made one anyway, you'll be resetting:)

I did you guys a review. Sorry I had to bash on the Vive controls, normally I defend the wands as they have positives in many games due to the bulk and trackpad over a smaller hand controller. Sadly smaller more finicky movement isn't so easy.

I don't know if you could answer, but if I assume you have a valve dev kit knuckle controller?

To be as obscure as possible, is it a more fun time...

Associate
OP
We don't currently have a knuckle kit but we should be getting some and I'm sure it will be a big improvement, it's certainly so much nicer using the Rift touch controls. The wands are a bit frustrating, especially the lack of responsiveness on the edge of the touchpad, which means the controls can not quite work how they should. We're certainly open to any suggestions on how to improve it :)

Soldato
Fair play. Perhaps a simple solve could be to have a sticky grip toggle, instead of having to control the trackpad while holding on to the trigger. It's a tough call, there's no simple fix for the physical object, but at least you can reposition your hands on the wand to easier manipulate the block without holding the trigger.

When you do get those controls and if you get something positive working out, show out to the community.

Last edited:
Soldato
Much better. Just having the ability to reposition your hand while the block stays in situ changes everything.

You've eliminated the awkward hand twist. Ill update the review tomorrow, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom