Good budget PSU for Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

Associate
I have bought a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard

Im looking for a decent PSU for normal usage (i.e. i dont bother much with OC)

I need like 3+ sata connecters.

budget £10 - £20

I have seen many on ebay new and used in my budget but im not sure if they are compatble.

For the AB350 motherboard it says in the manual it needs a 8 pin 12v connector and a 24 pin one. The ones on ebay say they have a 4 pin 12v connector, some have 4+4 and other 8pin. So am i right in assuming i cant use the psu with just 4pin or 4+4pin 12v connectors

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Please tell me you are having a laugh. There are no good budget psu's for £10-20. Those you see on Ebay and other places are garbage and will not deliver half of their stated power. The psu is argueably the single most important component in a pc and is not the place to save money. Cheap psu's will be built down to a budget using the cheapest possible components they can find. They will have vital protection missing, be inefficient and when they fail could take other components with it. Always buy a good quality psu of a decent wattage for your system and it will last you many years and through several upgrades. If I am building a gaming pc and need a new psu I would be looking at spending £80-120 on a good quality gold rated unit. If it was a general purpose home pc then I would be looking at £55-65 for a decent psu.

Have a look at these reviews and you will see why you shouldn't skimp on the psu. They are a little old now but the psu's that you are looking at are the same technology as these, in fact some such as the Ace may be identical.

The Bargain Basement Power Supply Roundup
Death of a Gutless Wonder
Death of a Gutless Wonder II
Death of a Gutless Wonder III
Death of a Gutless Wonder IV
Death of a Gutless Wonder V

Back
Top Bottom