Dynasties - BBC Earth

Associate
Started watching a hd recording from sky before remembering iplayer uhd hdr goodness. What a difference on the oled!

I wander if they crew, thought fudge it, and actually carried a few of the trapped chicks to the top of the ravine? They'd never show themselves directly touching them but not sure I could sit there and watch the chick needlessly perish.

Soldato
The lion world is brutal, would have liked them to update about her cubs when they did the filming at the end, they showed the one who got poisoned but not the ones who had to leave the pack.

Associate
Caught up on this over the weekend. The music in this is fantastic. That scene where David regains his strength was like something out of a film. I did wonder while watching it how they managed to get such detail close up shots; I never would have thought it was as simple as being just literally a few feet away from them while filming. Surely that must be incredibly dangerous?

Attenborough is past it, should retire. Someone else should be hired to do field work.

What are you on about? There's virtually no field work in this programme. And why should there be? It's a nature documentary focusing on animals. I don't need some person randomly standing next to the animal they are talking about.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Most dramatic episode so far but I didn't once feel like I wanted the wolves to prevail like I did with the animals in the previous episode, not sure why.

Looking forward to the episode about Tigers next week but would've loved an episode on crocs.

Soldato
I thought it was the weakest so far, sad that after all that time the older one died but I can't help but think if her daughter hadn't started to chase her allover then she wouldn't have lost as many as the pack as they did.

Caporegime
Attenborough is past it, should retire. Someone else should be hired to do field work.

Ha, how have you come to the conclusion that Attenborough did any actual "field work?"

It's not like he went to the South Pole and filmed for 6 months out there, or spent two years in Africa following lions...I imagine it's been many many years since he was properly involved in that sort of stuff.

He literally turns up for a little intro/outro and that's the extent of his filming schedule. He's 92.

Soldato
Indeed, I saw end final titles of the wolves one, and thought he was superimposed on the background ?
maybe the lense had foreshortened the field ,but seemed ridiculously close. (who would run faster)

Associate
Glad you lot enjoyed this series. was great to be involved.

DA was all on location, and yes that was him next to the painted wolves.

Oh and we made goggle box.. was rather funny! #crocshock

Back
Top Bottom