• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAY HELLO TO OUR NEW AMD PARTNER: ASROCK & LETS CELEBRATE WITH AN EPIC RX 590 PRE-ORDER DEAL!!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It would be awesome if we could get over the sarcastic nonsense. The 590 is significantly faster than a 480 ever was. This version is a really good bump up and at this price is definitely properly attractive.
Asrock are delivering the 590 at exactly the price point that I think they needed to for it to be attractive. This makes it cheaper than virtually all the 1060 6GB cards. If you have the choice at exactly the same price between a 1060 6GB or the 590 8GB the 590 beats it in 95% of games and by a significant margin in most.
Hopefully the 590 at this price means we are going to see even better value on the 580 and 570 which is great for the majority of gamers.

Sorry would have to agree with this. If the Vega deal wasnt so good I would have taken this. I think people need to reassess their whinge-ometers it wasnt long back the miners were the bane of humanity and cards were too expensive...

OcUK Staff
OP
Sorry would have to agree with this. If the Vega deal wasnt so good I would have taken this. I think people need to reassess their whinge-ometers it wasnt long back the miners were the bane of humanity and cards were too expensive...

The performance 580 and 590 offers is damn good for 1080P and right now they are under-valued, I really would not be surprised at all that in Q1 next year we see prices normalise and go up, people can whinge all they like but an 8G 580 at £200 is a bloody steal for the performance it offers irrelevant of how old it might be in the current economic climate with how weak the pound is and likely to get.

I am fully expecting price increases after Christmas on GPU as these AMD prices are just pretty insane and I can see them settling higher.

Soldato
Thi
The performance 580 and 590 offers is damn good for 1080P and right now they are under-valued, I really would not be surprised at all that in Q1 next year we see prices normalise and go up, people can whinge all they like but an 8G 580 at £200 is a bloody steal for the performance it offers irrelevant of how old it might be in the current economic climate with how weak the pound is and likely to get.

I am fully expecting big price increases after Christmas on GPU.

If i had not got my old 290 oc with 3 games many moons ago for £200 i would be even more impressed. In this day and age with those games it's still an excellent deal. In this segment with the pound performing as it is we in the uk just need to see what is before us. This is definitely what 1080p gamers need to jump on. It's a sorry state of affairs for us older gamers but it is what it is. The performance increase puts it firmly in a point above the 1060/580.

Great deals all round lately from you guys and AMD from a UK stand point.

Soldato
I am fully expecting big price increases after Christmas on GPU.

I'm going to disagree with you there, given the shortage of CPU's and the reduction in RAM pricing you have two reason why it will more than likely stay the same. I would imagine Nvidia will have to make their move soon unless sales pick up so they can start shifting their excess low end inventory, which will end up keeping the mid-range card very affordable. Then you need to factor in performance of these cards should be this price, and since you've been in this industry for as long as anyone knows that we've never had a longer period of stagnation in drip-down/feed-down performance.

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm going to disagree with you there, given the shortage of CPU's and the reduction in RAM pricing you have two reason why it will more than likely stay the same. I would imagine Nvidia will have to make their move soon unless sales pick up so they can start shifting their excess low end inventory, which will end up keeping the mid-range card very affordable. Then you need to factor in performance of these cards should be this price, and since you've been in this industry for as long as anyone knows that we've never had a longer period of stagnation in drip-down/feed-down performance.

I was talking AMD, NVIDIA for sure need to drop pricing.

I fully expect to see 1060 6G drop to £199, 1070 at £299, 1070Ti at £349 and then RTX should drop, but thats upto NVIDIA but if I was them I'd position 2070 at £399, 2080 at £599 and 2080ti at £899, but of course for cheap ref/FE editions, the better OC and featured cards will always be more like Strix for example.

AMD won't be cheaper though, I'd expect a nudge up, we shall certainly be putting VEGA up to slow the sales, not one single board partner can handle our demand nor do they want too due to bleeding money on it.

Associate
I fully expect to see 1060 6G drop to £199, 1070 at £299, 1070Ti at £349 and then RTX should drop, but thats upto NVIDIA but if I was them I'd position 2070 at £399, 2080 at £599 and 2080ti at £899, but of course for cheap ref/FE editions, the better OC and featured cards will always be more like Strix for example.

Do you think the RTX pricing will drop to those levels once the 10 series overstock eventually clears?

Soldato
I've been out of the gfx loop for a while is this a good upgrade from a r9 390, I play at 1080p

Cheers for your time
The Hawaii cards aged really well and performance has INCREASED since their original launch.

Your 390 should still do most game really well with bells and whistles at 60fps.

If you are aiming for 1080p 120/144fps or 1440p 60~75 fps, then you would want to upgrade to at least a Vega56.

Associate
The Hawaii cards aged really well and performance has INCREASED since their original launch.

Your 390 should still do most game really well with bells and whistles at 60fps.

If you are aiming for 1080p 120/144fps or 1440p 60~75 fps, then you would want to upgrade to at least a Vega56.

Cheers I'll wait for Xmas and see if the V56 goes for 299 again

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I still can't see this being an attractive upgrade to the 290x/390/390x crowd (that I used to be part of)

I used to think same. Being a 290x owner for this type of price inc. games; on the face of it there is not much of a leap in raw performance, however to get miles better power consumption and peace of mind on covered warranty for another few years its not that bad. Selling on said hardware may recoup enough to make it an absolute steal.

Back
Top Bottom