Fallout 76

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Yep, it's third in the UK retail chart while Hitman 2 is struggling at 10. Such a shame.

Fo76 down 82% on Fo4 and Hitman 2 down 90% on Hitman Absolution.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/19/fall...90-on-hitman-absolution-in-uk-charts-8154791/

Can only guess that Fo4 sold many more units that Absolution did for there to be as much of a disparity as there is - then again, with homing briefcase that can be thrown around corners to knock people out, no wonder Hitman 2 is struggling.

Shawrey

Associate
I hope this doesn't affect future Fallout projects.

It should only benefit them actually. Bethesda will have gotten the message by way of people voting with pockets that an MMO version of Fallout fell completely flat on its face as it wasn't wanted and will re-double their efforts into a single player experience for Fo5.

ESO worked because people wanted to experience Tamriel online with other people - it was a flawed concept from the start to have real world people be the NPC's in Fo76 and have no AI NPC's which practically every other MMO has it's almost a staple format.
Bethesda took to breaking the lore on the game by making that world empty despite that with the best intentions in a Nuclear apocalypse, that there would be little life outside a bunker except the people that left it post Fallout- which coherently makes sense but doesn't translate well to a video game of this genre.

Shawrey

Soldato
I'd have thought quite the opposite tbh, It has to effect future products. in a good way

Exactly, they will find what works and use it in future projects. However, this doesn't mean the game is a failure, they will be supporting this as a full title and I'll be looking forward to future content as I'm loving this game.

Associate
Such a shame... I was prepared to give this game ago. Then I found it that it would have no NPCs.

We shall see, its difficult. Saw what they did with skyrim online last year. Its hollow with no direction. Lets face it these games are a stop gap for the next big release on new consoles.

Associate
So has this improved at all since launch yet? I sold god of war a while back at CEX so have used that to order this in the hope that patches due this month will improve the reception its had.

Back
Top Bottom