**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
Guys do we have a list of beth usernames so we can start linking up in game?

I'm currently level 8 but wouldn't mind someone regular to play with...
I am Solo only sorry.

Its best that way anyway once you get into play with someone else you get drawn into higher lvl quests & they will leave you behind unless your a similar lvl otherwise you will not be able to contribute to the quest!

Just explore literally everywhere walk the entire map as far as you an go in every direction then back again using another diagonal route will get you loads of XP as you discover new locations & the combat along the way but some areas are very tough until your well into the lvl 20s or higher so be prepared to run away!

Associate
Played last night hit some lag spikes occasionally but runs average if i had a counter on would probably be 35-40FPS max running an NVIDIAGTX1050 on an ASUS ROG. I have an issue ATM where games like this don't seem crisp I have messed around with the NVIDIA control panel which could be an issue as I followed tutorials on you tube but they are aimed at performance.

Soldato
Played last night hit some lag spikes occasionally but runs average if i had a counter on would probably be 35-40FPS max running an NVIDIAGTX1050 on an ASUS ROG. I have an issue ATM where games like this don't seem crisp I have messed around with the NVIDIA control panel which could be an issue as I followed tutorials on you tube but they are aimed at performance.
Try this guide to remove the blur. http://www.gosunoob.com/fallout-76/fo76-how-to-disable-blur-depth-of-field-pc/

Obviously, although unlikely its possible to get banned although I think its unlikely as players are using the 21:9 tweaks until they add it to the game officially.

Associate
When this game was being released originally they mentioned 3 unopened vaults. Surely it wouldn't be a huge task to add NPC's and say they came from another vault. I wouldn't mind this at all.

Soldato
Enjoy the Fallout 4 DLC. Nuka World & Far Harbour are well worth that price alone each ;):)

Thanks, figured I'd try a different playstyle this time, usually go sneaky/intelligent sniper type, so going to go strong and stable, lucky but thick as 2 short planks "hit things with a stick until they stop moving" for a change :D

Soldato
That's generally considered different building objects. They're not real things, so the appearance is important. Although modders often go much further than just a bit of reskinning. So yes, Bethesda are charging for building objects. Which makes me wonder why they made building even worse in FO76 than in vanilla FO4.

It's normal to be annoyed by people disagreeing with you. It's also normal, though much less understandable, to dismiss any such disagreement as illegitimate. There's a lot of that on both sides, unfortunately.

Can you build a door or a generator without paying anything, yes. The reviewers are making it sound like you HAVE to pay out to complete your base, that is what gets up my nose. And then people repeat it as legit that you need to pay out to play the game.[/I]

Last edited:
Associate
I think rewards could be better I saw a level 30 guy in taking on a level 50 flying thing so joined in to help ( was only level 15 ) we killed it and all I got was a bit of meat and some steel, it didn't really feel worth the effort.

My take on the games its really just a base building, crafting game + survival with a fallout skin and I enjoy those sort of games so for me its ok but not anything really special.

Building wise I builded a base fine with a generator and a door just fine but I feel that the build limit is to low hit that easy.

Associate
Thanks, figured I'd try a different playstyle this time, usually go sneaky/intelligent sniper type, so going to go strong and stable, lucky but thick as 2 short planks "hit things with a stick until they stop moving" for a change :D

You'll be wanting to run PA for that type of build on the harder difficulties, so might want to spec into Int and Str ;);).

Shawrey

Man of Honour
I think rewards could be better I saw a level 30 guy in taking on a level 50 flying thing so joined in to help ( was only level 15 ) we killed it and all I got was a bit of meat and some steel, it didn't really feel worth the effort.

My take on the games its really just a base building, crafting game + survival with a fallout skin and I enjoy those sort of games so for me its ok but not anything really special.

Building wise I builded a base fine with a generator and a door just fine but I feel that the build limit is to low hit that easy.

FO76 is definitely not a base building game. The build limit is far too small and the building tools are extremely bad, even worse than vanilla FO4. You're making a camp, not a base. With no settlers there's no need for settlements. At most, you'd be making a very small scale mining camp or farming camp...but even that's made close to useless by the extremely low storage capacity. With a limit of 400lbs, you can't mine/farm a significant amount of anything and even if you could what would you do with it? Anything you can mine/farm can be obtained in sufficient quantities from scavving anyway. You're most likely to run short of things you can't mine or grow, such as springs and screws. A mining camp might possibly be of some use for mining aluminium and a farming camp might possibly be of some use for farming materials to make vegetable starch and thus adhesive, but it's marginal. Maybe ultracite in the end game? I don't know about that.

"ok but not anything really special" is the best anyone has said about FO76. It's also my position on the game, as I think there's enough exploration and storytelling to make it OK despite how badly it's been done.

Soldato
Found a lot more to explore this evening. if you liked Fallout 4 then 76 is well worth buying even at full price you will find something to like here.

Apart from trying to force MMO & Co-Op, and very poor game design choices the other massive mistake Bethesda made is NOT making this Fallout 4 DLC. It would have easily sold very well @ £19.99 as Fallout 4 DLC & even got them a few more sales of other Fallout 4 DLC!

I predict within 6 months or less it will appear on Steam most likely with mods & private servers allowed as well ;)

Soldato
So it's not as crap as internet reviews suggest then?

Personally, I think it is; it's like a full price mod for Fallout. If I were a person looking to buy now, I would consider the reviews. Personal opinion is one thing, but when a large proportion of people are negatively reviewing a product, you'd be foolhardy to not heed some degree of warning.

Soldato
I can't fathom how people are enjoying it, with an empty lifeless world whats the point? Sure the scenery might look good but.... repeating fetch quests is a game now? And its OK because your friends can help?

Man of Honour
So it's not as crap as internet reviews suggest then?

That depends on which reviews you're looking at. Some of them are unreasonable, but there is a lot wrong with the game. Really. A lot. Starting from the basic idea and including most of how everything is implemented. It's buggy as well.

If you're into Fallout and you can ignore all the bad points of FO76 (there are a lot of them) and you enjoy exploring and reading notes and environmental storytelling then FO76 is mediocre. That's about as good a review as you'll see.

If you want a survival game, there are better ones.
If you want an MP game, either PvP or co-op PvE, there are better ones.
If you want a SP game, there are better ones.
If you want a Fallout game, there are better ones.

If you want those things badly mixed together, then FO76 might be your thing.

The controls on PC are startlingly bad, by the way. My guess is that nobody was assigned any time to work on them - it was just a quick and dirty port from Xbox.

I'd give it 4/10. Not as crap as some reviews suggest, but that's my opinion. Even Oxhorn, who makes a living primarily from Bethesda games, isn't recommending it. He's careful and polite about not recommending it, but he's not recommending it. And neither am I. I think it's worth a small amount of money to me, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. I'm playing it. I'll probably play it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom