PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
The cheapest deals dont include the move controllers - how important are they?

What games would you reccomend? Some family friendly or "show off VR" type games or apps would be welcome.

The move controllers are pretty important if you want the "full" VR experience and many of the games aren't playable without them

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pl...pair-of-move-controllers-16999-currys-3106262

"Rec Room" is a free game which is fantastic fun. Super hot is amazing as is WipeOut Omega Collection. Astro bot would be good for the family as well.

Associate
As somebody who loves great Gfx in games and has very much bought into the hdr gaming experience do you think the limited graphical prowess of the VR would be a huge issue? Is it glaringly obvious that the resolution, textures, draw distances etc are really poor? Will it kill the immersion?

Soldato
As somebody who loves great Gfx in games and has very much bought into the hdr gaming experience do you think the limited graphical prowess of the VR would be a huge issue? Is it glaringly obvious that the resolution, textures, draw distances etc are really poor? Will it kill the immersion?
i would say no, for me its about a different gaming experience, ive always been a big fps fan playing cs go online, firewall zero has taken this to a all different level, graphics wise its nothing to get excited about but being able to peek round corners and having to hold the gun up to aim is so immersive that its easy to forgive any graphical short comings

Soldato

These are my main hurdles too. Although I am also an advocate for gameplay trumps all, would need to strike a good balance I guess

Soldato
Well I got in the end from shopto for £226.71 version 2 VR with move controllers + Astro bot. Pity I missed out on res evil but I can pickup later. Next im going to buy Firewall with aim controller and I have a voucher for that but not sure I can use on there.

Soldato
Good shout thank you. I'm looking forward to the whole vr experience I must say. I'll stock up on games in the meantime. It's coming today but I can't touch as its my present of my girlfriend for Christmas Day haha.

Soldato
No amazing deals on this so far, tempted to just get the basic pack with astro bot and see if I like it rather than spending more on the move controllers as the prices for them have just gone silly. I have a feeling it will just end up sat in a cupboard though :o

Associate
^ Currys had the best deal that I saw, £210 for the starter pack, Astro Bot and move controllers. Only snag was they didn't seem to have any stock of it, in any of their stores.

I have been keeping an eye on prices for a while as fancied a living room/standing solution to complement my Rift which is very much tied to my sim rig in the spare room. After watching a few YouTube reviews last night convinced myself to go with the Argos offer. Starter pack, Astro Bot and move controllers for £230. Then picked up a Pro console in Game for £330 and immediately traded in the pack in copy of RDR2 against a year's PSN subscription.

Looking forward to getting stuck in over the next week :D Will pick up a few more games if everything goes well, got my eye on Wipeout Re7, and maybe Firewall Zero Hour with the aim controller. Two others at work already have PSVR so may be able to get a squad together.

Soldato
^ Currys had the best deal that I saw, £210 for the starter pack, Astro Bot and move controllers. Only snag was they didn't seem to have any stock of it, in any of their stores.

Just managed to reserve that deal, guess someone didn't pickup their order. I haven't been keeping track of PS VR prices though, is £210 for the starter pack, Astro Bot and move controllers a genuinely good price or has it been around this before?

Soldato
Ta, picked up the bundle for Christmas. Missed out on a few VR games in that ps store sale so hopefully they'll do some more.

Did get firewall and aim gun for £42 through Argos eBay using the 15% off promo

Last edited:
Soldato
Wipeout: omega connection, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Battlezone are also must buys IMO for anyone with a PS VR headset IMO.

Rec room is also amazing especially when you consider the fact it's free!

Back
Top Bottom