Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Associate
Fair point - I was comparing the specs and price to the Samsung CHG70 and the Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ - both of which are around the £500 mark!

Still like the look of this one though - although the AOC AG322QC4 seems to match it for specs and then throws in HDR on top! :confused:

I forgot about about the the "quasi-freesync" on hannspree. Ooops, my bad. For some people it might be important.

As for the AOC AG322QC4 - a quick look at some reviews: HDR is supposedly not "real" HDR and there is a ghosting/black smearing.

Associate
Well, technically speaking this monitor is very similar to Samsung CJG5. 350 pounds, 1440p, 144Hz, VA. Two differences are response time and stand.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-23n-sa.html

The Samsung doesn't have Freesync?

Still like the look of this one though - although the AOC AG322QC4 seems to match it for specs and then throws in HDR on top! :confused:

Nice find, that monitor seems to be around £400~ and has FreeSync2 as well. https://www.anandtech.com/show/1266...qc4-32inch-curved-lcd-with-freesync-2-hdr-400

I forgot about about the the "quasi-freesync" on hannspree. Ooops, my bad. For some people it might be important.

Does that freesync actually work at a good range?

As for the AOC AG322QC4 - a quick look at some reviews: HDR is supposedly not "real" HDR and there is a ghosting/black smearing.

Ideally you want 1000 nits+, but I doubt many screens can actually achieve that. In the review did they try different modes for the ghosting / black smearing?

I really want a 1440p monitor but can't decide which one :confused:

Associate
Hi, could you do a "black crush" test please? I don't know if I am seeing it right, but it seems clearly visible on the 2nd photo, compared to the 1st one.

So kind of hard from a dark room with a phone camera, which lights up the image, but I can see every shade of square. With No 1 only just coming through.

onFt8mU.png.jpg

OcUK Staff
Hi there

These are now on way, ETA 7-10 days:

Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 2560x1440 VA 144Hz FREESYNC Curved Widescreen Gaming Monitor @ £349.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/

HG324QJB, 2560x1440 Resolution, 300M:1 Contrast Ratio, 2ms Response Time, 300 cd/m2 Brightness, 2x HDMI Input, 2x DP, Freesync, 144Hz Native, Esports, 1800R Curved, 3yr Warranty

Only £349.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Hannspree HG244PJB 24" 1920x1080 TN 144Hz FREESYNC Widescreen Gaming Monitor @ £179.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/

HG244PJB, 1920x1080 Resolution, 50M:1 Contrast Ratio, 1ms Response Time, 250 cd/m2 Brightness, 1x HDMI Input, 1x DP, Freesync, 144Hz Native, Esports, 3yr Warranty

Only £179.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Caporegime

Thanks Gibbo, the 32" might be just what I am after. Heads up - the link for the 32" doesn't take you to the product page.

Does the 32" work in Freesync all the way up to 144? As I have seen some 144Hz monitors do e.g. 35-90Hz in Freesync mode.

Soldato
OP
On the topic of 32 inch 144hz 1440p va panels, im about to return the viewsonic XG3240C that i got yesterday. Minor gripe is the curved display, but the main issue is pixel response is just to slow. I think it does a good job for a va but it still just to slow for me personally. So im giving up on finding a 32 inch high refresh rate. It's sad when the horrible monitor i'm using as a temp (asus vg245h 75hz tn) feels faster and doesnt blur as much. I think i'm doomed to use high refresh rate tn's as im not willing to pay the insane prices for the IPS panels out there that are of interest to me.

Associate
Soldato
OP
I would like to point out to people doing smear tests on these VAs that it is not just black that can leave a smearing trail but also other colours.. Example would be the XG3240C which does fairly well when testing black text smearing but if you use the colour red instead (red health bar, red blocky text etc etc) the screen would show a black smearing trail after it that was very visible.

Associate
@Gibbo. Erm. I see you've stuck a "reduced from £389" tag on this monitor... come on now.. reduced from what?! You've never stocked it and only have it on pre-order now for the first time!

Associate
I would like to point out to people doing smear tests on these VAs that it is not just black that can leave a smearing trail but also other colours.. Example would be the XG3240C which does fairly well when testing black text smearing but if you use the colour red instead (red health bar, red blocky text etc etc) the screen would show a black smearing trail after it that was very visible.

None.

Caporegime
Full detailed review on an italian tech site. It translates perfectly if you are using Chrome. Have to believe they are wrong about it being an IPS panel though, which explains why they were surprised by the contrast ratio.

https://www.tuttotek.it/hardware/recensioni-hardware/hannspree-hg324qjb-calibrazione-recensione

TLDR: They gave it 8.2 and here is their ICC profile https://drive.google.com/file/d/12KvDquSC8Q2NXmOJE4r2ZtEC-y2YXc64/view

This review says IPS, but OCUK link says VA. Which is it?

Soldato
@Gibbo. Erm. I see you've stuck a "reduced from £389" tag on this monitor... come on now.. reduced from what?! You've never stocked it and only have it on pre-order now for the first time!

To be fair £349 seems to be cheaper than the competition so I'm certainly not going to grumble!

Loving this guy (or gal?) - it's like having an interactive review! :D

Associate
Here's my settings:
contrast: 50 (default I think)
brightness: 60

Standard View mode
Low input lag: on (default)
Black Stabilization: 50 offers the best compromise which is handy 'cos it's the default. 40 gives better gradient contrast on the upper range but not as good black levels. 60 gives very good black levels but 1/4 of the blue gradient is washed out. It also depends on viewing angles.
Advanced Contrast: 0 (default)
Blue Light Filter: 0 (default)
Response Time: Normal or Advanced (massive ghosting on text movement with Ultra Fast).

Color Temperature: User Color
Red: 91
Green: 90
Blue: 100

OSD Timeout: 30 (!!)
RampageX: Off :)

I had to study a range of "skin tones" to calibrate it by eye. ;)

Issues I've had:

No ULMB mode or too many artifacts on the integrated pixel response time feature @ "Ultra Fast).

Couldn't get smooth contrast on all spectrums (the upper end of purple was the problematic one). Scratch that, it's ok with my current settings.

The backlight appears to 'bulge' in several spots at the very edges of the screen, as depicted below. It's really only visible if you're sitting close at a certain angle. Could be related to the curve of the monitor.

gXDSrgq.png

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my settings:
contrast: 50 (default I think)
brightness: 60

Standard View mode
Low input lag: on (default)
Black Stabilization: 50 offers the best compromise which is handy 'cos it's the default. 40 gives better gradient contrast on the upper range but not as good black levels. 60 gives very good black levels but 1/4 of the blue gradient is washed out. It also depends on viewing angles.

As true_gamer stated earlier he did not notice any ghosting in game, have you noticed any ghosting in game?
Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom