I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
FWIW I can recommend TECHNOLOGYOUTLET PREMIUM 3D PRINTER FILAMENT 1.75MM PLA from the rainforest @ £14.95 a kilo.
Prints really nicely and comes in loads of colours.

www.3dqf.co.uk have been good for me so far for cheap filament, they go from £12.99 and I've found it really good. Not many colours but they are nice colours.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. MY mrs ended up picking up some of the Aldi stuff for me, it looks quite good to my untrained eye. Will find out if it's any good after Christmas. Probably good stuff to waste practise with :)

Man of Honour
To me that's what makes it enjoyable. I'd be bored in 10 minutes if I got it out the box and plugged it in like a HP printer lol

The Monoprice offerings are pretty much like that - and personally I'm not bored to death but then I am designing my own models from scratch mostly for specific purposes (front panels for enclosures, etc.).

Personally I don't understand at all people who buy them just to print out a cat and a boat and fiddle around with a few upgrades heh - though I understand the fascination in upgrading them, etc. when you have a use for those upgrades especially for some of the outside the box usage like using them for CNC type tasks, etc.

Soldato
Personally I don't understand at all people who buy them just to print out a cat and a boat and fiddle around with a few upgrades heh - though I understand the fascination in upgrading them, etc. when you have a use for those upgrades especially for some of the outside the box usage like using them for CNC type tasks, etc.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I've got a long list of things for the bike, for work, around the house. Can't wait!

Soldato
Gf let me have my Ender 3 today, was meant to be for Christmas but I already knew about it so what's the harm? :D

Very pleased with it so far! Getting the bed level is proving to be difficult but once that's done I've ended up with a pretty good print. I started off with the boat, sadly that unstuck while being nearly finished :(

However my second print finished without a problem after leveling the bed several times, plus using a little hairspray on the glass bed.

http://imgur.com/a/D4wPPSQ

Soldato
I've been going back and forth on this for weeks now, but I finally bit the bullet tonight and ordered a Prusa i3 MK3, a kilo of Prusament Galaxy Black and a kilo of Prusament Jet Black PETG.

Such a lot of money (for me, I know you can spend 10x this on a 3d printer) but I've really been looking into it and it seems like a really consistent, reliable machine, with really good preset profiles, and the design in general seems so well thought out to me and also like it will eliminate so many of the things that wind me up about my Ender 3.

I think the Ender 3 is amazing for the money and I've had some really good prints out of it and learnt a lot but I just spend too much time tinkering with and improving it, and my scraps bin is just way too full.

I'm so excited, doubt I'll see it til the New Year but I can't wait.

Soldato
I just got myself an Ender 3 and so far i am liking it a lot, i want to sell my CR10 and get another Ender 3 out of the funds also :) (downgrade i know but the spare cash helps atm)

Soldato
I got my Ender 3 at the beginning of November and it's definitely been a learning curve! My job is CNC machining and wanted to get a bit more into the drawing side of things.

It changes everything you're used to making stuff out of layers. Changes how you approach manufacturing in a big way.

One thing I will say, as exciting as it is unboxing a new shiny shiny you have to nail the setup of this thing or else you're just wasting time. Get the frame square, X axis gantry level, calibrate the extruder and you can't go too far wrong.

Soldato
hardkore; which would be a good entry cnc machine for making personalised gifts and key rings

Hey guys,

Printer: CR10s
Installed: Mirror bed/BLTouch

I am having an issue which is stopping me from making any prints, after bed leveling (using the BLT) and starting to print (after a gcode purge) the first layer seems to go down pretty well (benchy/calibration cube) but once it gets past that, the filament is then dragged all over the show and in the end just makes a lot of spaghetti.
I have tried playing with mini steps, i have a very clean bed.
What could be the issue?
Any suggestions?
I am desperate to get it working as i need items printing.
thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom