Spider-Man (PS4)

Caporegime
What a game.

Great story for spidey fans.

Probably the best graphics I've seen in a game too (even compared to games on the PC), that along with the animation is just stunning, felt very smooth for 30 fps too.

Hopefully gonna be another considering how well this game did!

V F

V F

Soldato
What a game.

Great story for spidey fans.

Probably the best graphics I've seen in a game too (even compared to games on the PC), that along with the animation is just stunning, felt very smooth for 30 fps too.

Hopefully gonna be another considering how well this game did!

Hmm, it is 30fps? It was so smooth it felt like 60 even on max sens spinning the camera it feels like spinning a high dpi mouse.

Caporegime
Currently playing HZD now and whilst it looks nice and feels "smooth", spiderman is still way ahead, graphical and performance/smoothness.

Really is amazing what they have done with that game, I wonder if the reason it feels so smooth is down to how well animated the characters/spiderman is....

Associate
Currently playing HZD now and whilst it looks nice and feels "smooth", spiderman is still way ahead, graphical and performance/smoothness.

Really is amazing what they have done with that game, I wonder if the reason it feels so smooth is down to how well animated the characters/spiderman is....

Yeah SM was great but HDR is where HZD really shines In 4K CB on the pro. Looks like a native 4K game. Been spoilt on the PRO tbh since it’s release.

Soldato
You played god of war nexus.. game is graphically one of the best I've seen even pc games.. looks nice on my LG oled Just completed it all on Friday.. brilliant story :)

I'm about to start Spider-Man in next few hours can't wait.. :)

Caporegime
You played god of war nexus.. game is graphically one of the best I've seen even pc games.. looks nice on my LG oled Just completed it all on Friday.. brilliant story :)

I'm about to start Spider-Man in next few hours can't wait.. :)

Played GOW on a friends ps 4 pro (it does look epic, probably on par with SM), not got it myself yet though, on my to buy list though haha. Still got HZD + RDR 2 to finish :D

Also want to get the unchartered series

Soldato
GoW looks great but it hasn't totally wowed me visually apart from a couple of moments, quite unexpectedly. I'm stuck with it since I went digital though, so I'm going to try NG+ in a while:p

U4 is still my favourite visually but PS4 exclusives generally look pretty great. I'm about to start Spidey today so I'll be able to compare, especially that I plan to finish my Crushing run of U4 at some point after I'm done with Odyssey.

Caporegime
One other thing which more console games need to give the option of is motion blur....... Probably why spiderman felt and looked so great as you could turn motion blur off..... All it does to my eyes is strain them

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, smear can sometimes usually make me nauseous. Certain bobbing ways of the camera can do it as well with some games.

Caporegime
Yeah, smear can sometimes usually make me nauseous. Certain bobbing ways of the camera can do it as well with some games.

It is kind of ruining HZD for me :(

The smear is so bad, even when just panning the camera around yourself, you can see the girls face smearing badly....

Haha same as me bud dunno what uncharted to start with tho

Probably be best to start with the first then work way up but UC 4 looks the best graphically...... :D

Soldato
Finally started the game two days ago. It's solid so far but I'm not totally enamored with it yet. Everything is just "solid", graphics (not as amazing as I thought they'd be), swinging etc.
Combat is a bit wonky but serviceable and pretty fun.

I'm definitely enjoying it and loving its oldschool simplicity and manageable size after playing some humongous time-consuming games but I don't think it will elevate itself above "very solid". That's enough for me for the price I paid and I can always flog it. It also feels very fresh since it's been years since I played a good Spidey title.

Caporegime
You got a "true" HDR TV for the game amatsubu? Also make sure you turn off film grain, chromatic aberation and motion blur, that helps clean the image up.

Soldato
You got a "true" HDR TV for the game amatsubu? Also make sure you turn off film grain, chromatic aberation and motion blur, that helps clean the image up.

Nope, I'm playing on a PC monitor but the game is still pretty. I imagine it looks great with HDR but there are games that look great even without it. I forgot to turn off those, I'll try later.

Soldato
What should I spend my tokens on? Is having all the suits only for the trophy or is there more to it? Should I bother or just unlock some of them and spend the rest on upgrading them and gadgets?

Back
Top Bottom