• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Man of Honour
OP
Inno3d 2080ti x2 OC

Ran for 4 days - reached 84-85c in games but fans never went to 100% -= stayed about 50%

5th day or so, began to get random coloured blocks on the screen and the game freezing or giving Fatal DirectX Error 11000002

6th day, PC began to reboot or shutdown during games. Between reboots, large areas of screen turned into minecraft mess of coloured squares.

Hope all goes well with the RMA.

Added to the list.

Soldato
Associate
My Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti (arrived 10 days ago) started playing up today.
I applied the gigabyte bios update for the GPU on day 1, no problems until today.

Black screens started to appear in games, causing them to crash. Frequently the game audio could be heard still going on in the background. More often then not; task manager wasn't available to end task resulting in the need to hard reboot.
On occasions my machine would restart then at the windows login screen; black screen would occur followed by no signal messages (both screens).

Safe mode was accessible so I tried to revert the driver; to no avail.

Plugged my gtx 980ti back in, back in business.
Plugged rtx 2080ti back in, after reseating this appeared to work normally for 2 hours before black screens/hard resets.

I also had a GPU/ no signal crash using Excel!

Gamers Nexus has uploaded a video explaining that this appears to be widely reported on higher refresh rate monitors (G sync and non g sync) and multi monitor setups (I have both).
I updated my Aorus RGB software from v1.46 to v1.47 (now that I think of this I'm thinking this could be a likely contribute); I will uninstall this tomorrow and give it another try before RMA'ing.

Associate
I RMA'd my Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti middle of last week; Refund ackowledgement was processed promptly - funds yet to reach my account.

Nvidia have apparently admitted fault with the founders edition card, of which mine isnt. Maybe just bad luck?

Man of Honour
OP
My Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti (arrived 10 days ago) started playing up today.
I applied the gigabyte bios update for the GPU on day 1, no problems until today.

Black screens started to appear in games, causing them to crash. Frequently the game audio could be heard still going on in the background. More often then not; task manager wasn't available to end task resulting in the need to hard reboot.
On occasions my machine would restart then at the windows login screen; black screen would occur followed by no signal messages (both screens).

Safe mode was accessible so I tried to revert the driver; to no avail.

Plugged my gtx 980ti back in, back in business.
Plugged rtx 2080ti back in, after reseating this appeared to work normally for 2 hours before black screens/hard resets.

I also had a GPU/ no signal crash using Excel!

Gamers Nexus has uploaded a video explaining that this appears to be widely reported on higher refresh rate monitors (G sync and non g sync) and multi monitor setups (I have both).
I updated my Aorus RGB software from v1.46 to v1.47 (now that I think of this I'm thinking this could be a likely contribute); I will uninstall this tomorrow and give it another try before RMA'ing.
I RMA'd my Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti middle of last week; Refund ackowledgement was processed promptly - funds yet to reach my account.

Nvidia have apparently admitted fault with the founders edition card, of which mine isnt. Maybe just bad luck?

Very sorry to hear about your card.

OP list updated.

Associate
Also be interested in how long it takes for these members with faulty cards to receive a replacement card due to the very limited supply of 2080ti cards..

The competitor (beginning with C, ending in L) didn't give me the option of replacement, just refunded the full amount.
At the time it was approved, they had zero stock of the card I purchased.

Can't fault the speed they processed it, though another option would have been nice..

I'm going to wait for the MSI 2080ti's to become widely available then buy one of those next. Back to the 980ti for now.

Back
Top Bottom