**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Yair looked awesome, he looked like Anderson Silva 2.0 aka with ridiculous taekwondo :D

Awesome win for Cowboy too. All this drama with Winkeljohn has made him change camps and based on last night, it looks like it's for the best.

Overall it was a good card. I really liked the old graphics as a tribute to the UFC being 25 years old :D

Associate
cerrone vs mcgregor would be a very decent scrap, will be nice if it happens.

Yes, Im a big Mcgregor fan. I just think his fire has gone. Way to much money. Driving his business now. Doing it for fun.. who does that? They do it for money and that's it, which he doesn't need.

Could say belts etc, but he's had them too.

Caporegime
2 UFC events over the weekend and not a single post to this thread. I can't say I watched either but is this a sign of over saturation and sub par cards boring the fan base?

Yep, I watched most of TUF on fast forward. MMA is quickly losing it's appeal for me.

I still watch the fights but nothing of the production. If a fight is a grind fest it gets fast forwarded, as does every WMMA fight.

Soldato
I've grown bored of the UFC over the last few years. I think there are too many cards, it's spreading the roster too thin, plus there are too many decisions and Dana often shuts down the talk of 'super fights' between the belt holders. There are still a couple of divisions and a couple of individuals that are exciting, but for me it doesn't hold my attention like it used to.

Unfortunately for the UFC, boxing has made something of a comeback and I'm really enjoying watching that. There are some divisions that are absolutely stacked, plus there are plenty of good Brit boxers, so I feel more of a connection to it.

Soldato
Crazy fight some absolute bombs thrown gutted for Jimi, he's got to retire now he's getting too old for them exchanges.

Edit: wow great card the main event was outrageous. Genuinely don't see anyone ever beating him at that weight the output, timing and variety is just absurd. Would love to see a McGregor rematch

Last edited:
Associate
Crazy fight some absolute bombs thrown gutted for Jimi, he's got to retire now he's getting too old for them exchanges.

Edit: wow great card the main event was outrageous. Genuinely don't see anyone ever beating him at that weight the output, timing and variety is just absurd. Would love to see a McGregor rematch

Amazing main event and I too was thinking of the Conor rematch. Their movement is very similar and would be a great fight.

Gunni's elbow on Cowboy was nasty. I can't remember a cut being as bad as that, Cowboy's face appeared to be instantly covered in blood.

Back
Top Bottom