Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Man of Honour
Anyone got a W213 E220d? Is that engine up to the task?

My last three cars were a Mitsubishi Evo X with 291 Bhp, BMW E91 (3 series touring) with a 3.0 litre 242 Bhp Engine and a BMW F11 (5 series touring) with the same 3.0 diesel with 255 Bhp - So i'm a bit wary about downgrading power but other than that, the AMG Line with the Premium pack looks like it would ideally suit my needs.

I actually Contract Hired a Cupra 300 ST 4Drive - But I've not signed the paperwork yet and have 14 days to change my mind - I worried i'll miss the german luxury too much, and I probably won't make use of that power anyway.

I have one for running up and down motorways and lugging stuff around. It's not fast but plenty powerful enough for most situations. I had an F10 530D and it isn't as quick as that car and the engine in the BMW is better (6 over 4 always is) but for what the car is built to do the E220 is fine. For me it's a different league to a Cupra thingy but I have a weekend car for fun so don't need a car that does both. The E Class is a lovely place to be, to sit in and drive around it. It removes you nicely from the day to day noise and effort of driving and is a great wafter. It's not dynamic, it's not fast, but it's a great all rounder and a lovely daily drive.

Caporegime
I have one for running up and down motorways and lugging stuff around. It's not fast but plenty powerful enough for most situations. I had an F10 530D and it isn't as quick as that car and the engine in the BMW is better (6 over 4 always is) but for what the car is built to do the E220 is fine. For me it's a different league to a Cupra thingy but I have a weekend car for fun so don't need a car that does both. The E Class is a lovely place to be, to sit in and drive around it. It removes you nicely from the day to day noise and effort of driving and is a great wafter. It's not dynamic, it's not fast, but it's a great all rounder and a lovely daily drive.

Thanks

I don't want to say it's badge snobbery, as I really couldn't give a toss what other people think of my car.

I've just got so used to having a luxury estate that is a nice place to spend time, that a SEAT would be a bit of a come-down. Even the reviews which praise the car to the heavens say the interior is very bland (like this)

Someone on the SEAT forum also said the LED lights are likely to be inferior to my Bi-Xenons and I really like to have a decent set of lights for the winter.

Caporegime
I binned off the Cupra 300 ST in the end. I must be getting old as I was sitting doing my regular commute thinking about how little I put my foot down anyway and how I now like a nice relaxing cabin and gadgets.

So now I'll be getting rid of my smooth 530 Touring 3.0 Diesel for a lethargic 2.0 Petrol!

E-Class ESTATE E 200 AMG Line Premium Plus in Designo metallic - Diamond white bright.
+Driving Assistance Plus
+Cockpit Display

Autonomous driving, yay!

Man of Honour
Autonomous driving, yay!

Once the novelty wore off I grew to dislike the autonomous system on a recent C Class rental. It has the ful distronic plus with steering and in the end it just felt so pointless. You have to keep your hands on the wheel so the benefit of it steering felt largely gimmicky.

Man of Honour
It's very good on the 213 in the right conditions. I drove for miles and miles on continental roads without touching the wheel with my hands, just nudging it with my knee every couple of minutes. Very relaxing.

Mine just kept beeping at me. Plus it made boring long distance driving even more boring.

Man of Honour
I binned off the Cupra 300 ST in the end. I must be getting old as I was sitting doing my regular commute thinking about how little I put my foot down anyway and how I now like a nice relaxing cabin and gadgets.

So now I'll be getting rid of my smooth 530 Touring 3.0 Diesel for a lethargic 2.0 Petrol!

E-Class ESTATE E 200 AMG Line Premium Plus in Designo metallic - Diamond white bright.
+Driving Assistance Plus
+Cockpit Display

Autonomous driving, yay!

When you're MASSIVELY loaded you can spend the extra 12 quid or whatever a month and go for the full 220 experience.

I appreciate it's not in the reach of all of us though :D

Enjoy. Pleased with my cheap leased one. A good motor for long runs, makes the A to B thing effortless and that is why I have mine. Better than a SEAT I think you'll find and you can spend a few weeks deciding which colour you want the LED's to be, you know, important stuff.

Caporegime
Been given a delivery date of 21st, so early Christmas present for me, in my lethargic barge :D

Got a question about the Wireless charging - does the car still link with android auto using NFC? Or do I also need a cable plugged in.

Soldato
What's peoples opinions of the CLS Shooting Brake? £20k can get a facelift 350CDI with average miles on it. Seems like a nice alternative to an E Class estate or 5 Series Touring.

Man of Honour
Been given a delivery date of 21st, so early Christmas present for me, in my lethargic barge :D

Got a question about the Wireless charging - does the car still link with android auto using NFC? Or do I also need a cable plugged in.
Enjoy.

What's an Android, get that binned, you have a Mercedes now, live the dream....it's time for an iPhone. :)

alx

alx

Soldato
I will hopefully soon be joining the MB club, have put a deposit down on a 2013 C63, black with red leather, performance pack, most options ticked. Looking forward to the noise :D

Back
Top Bottom