web hosting,- business website whos the go to?

Soldato
currently been with tsohost for what feels like forever, but my last couple of interactions with them have left me somewhat unimpressed.

I don't want the cheapest, want a recommendation for a decent well supported web hosting service that can sort out a migration for us as well.

need a package that will allow me to host a dozen or so domains with SSL stuff available.

any suggestions?

Soldato
I've moved all my sites to Krystal now. Been with them a year and had zero issues thankfully.

TSOhost seems to be going to **** recently.

After they resolved my issue it reappeared within a few days. No response for two days so just left.

Soldato
Have been with Krystal for around 6 months now. Support has been great whenever there has been a problem, fast responses and quick fixes.

Have had a few issues though, occasionally the server goes down with my sites on, occasionally the database has problems which they tell me is something I've done with the SQL (even though I don't touch it) but they always fix it.

Soldato
I'm thinking of moving to Krystal and just wanted to see what everyone's experience was with them moving a site for you?

If your old one is Cpanel based it's **** easy. Moved two sites from a cpanel host one was huge so just used FTP and the second I just downloaded a backup and uploaded it to krystal. Raised a support ticket and was sorted within the hour. I was feeling rather lazy that day :D. Assuming it's just a bog standard static or wordpress type site I can't imagine there being many issues.

Associate
If your old one is Cpanel based it's **** easy. Moved two sites from a cpanel host one was huge so just used FTP and the second I just downloaded a backup and uploaded it to krystal. Raised a support ticket and was sorted within the hour. I was feeling rather lazy that day :D. Assuming it's just a bog standard static or wordpress type site I can't imagine there being many issues.
Thanks for that. I know it's a loooong shot, but how would the performance compare to a site hosted at SiteGround, mid table package, Grow Big?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that. I know it's a loooong shot, but how would the performance compare to a site hosted at SiteGround, mid table package, Grow Bog?

I can't really compare, siteground don't seem to offer any specifics. Krystal is SSD and their cloud seems fast enough on the locations I've tried. I'm using them for both Wordpress blogs and some heavy APIs without issues yet. Only downside to Krystal compared to sitegrounds would be fewer sites on the same package(at least that I can see).

Man of Honour
an old flash from the past. however figured it was worth a mention on the relaunch of an OcUK favourite, www.Register1.net
Simply due to the drop in service of TSO/Vida and the seeming market desire for someone to give a damn about hosting customer service again!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
an old flash from the past. however figured it was worth a mention on the relaunch of an OcUK favourite, www.Register1.net
Simply due to the drop in service of TSO/Vida and the seeming market desire for someone to give a damn about hosting customer service again!
Maybe I'll buy back Vidahost since they killed the brand, trouble is there'll be a few hundred thousand domains using the nameservers still :D

Krystal seem like what Paragon was in about 2012/2013. Ahh the good old days. At least I get more sleep now. Other than when good old clients ring me up asking for help :(

Man of Honour
Maybe I'll buy back Vidahost since they killed the brand, trouble is there'll be a few hundred thousand domains using the nameservers still :D

Krystal seem like what Paragon was in about 2012/2013. Ahh the good old days. At least I get more sleep now. Other than when good old clients ring me up asking for help :(

;) never a bad idea to buy back something expensive for next to nothing..

Hell - we could team them up!

You coming tomorrow?

Soldato
OP
still having problems with out site taking an age to load,

my own fault for not moving when i brought this up initially

Back
Top Bottom