Should I scale down on the PSU ?

Associate
Just a random question - I've always thought a little more is better than not enough.
My specs are in the signature.
What I am asking is, should I consider getting a lower rated PSU ? Currently on 850w PSU.
I will be OC'ing the 8700k furthermore probably to 4.9 once my Noctua cooler arrives.
Should I get something like 750w ?

Man of Honour
Completely pointless unless you intend on using that 850w PSU for something else that requires it. A 750w unit (everything else being equal) will be less efficient, as it'll be working closer to its maximum output, and you'll definitely end up spending more money by buying a new unit, even if you sell your old one to offset.

Associate
Completely pointless unless you intend on using that 850w PSU for something else that requires it. A 750w unit (everything else being equal) will be less efficient, as it'll be working closer to its maximum output, and you'll definitely end up spending more money by buying a new unit, even if you sell your old one to offset.

Agreed.

Your current PSU is fine. I wouldn't see a need to scale down. Unless you haven't bought it and you're looking at a 750w that is rated higher in efficiency? Even then, the one you've chosen should be good!

Back
Top Bottom