**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
So that's fine then, as long as Bethesda informed people that it is was an un-finished buggy ****-show, they've done their job.
That's what their lawyers would say :rolleyes: no-one accepts the game as it stands but its not that much worse than Fallout 4 was back in 2015 or many other high profile games.

I do not think they will bother fixing it all that would take forever! Most likely it will get dumped on Steam with mod support & private servers in the next few months or just left as is! The arrogance of Zenimax allowing Bethesda to do what they want is mainly because their games still sell regardless. Fallout 4 still has the largest single day 1 launch of any entertainment product @ $750M in sales so that buys Bethesda more time to do whatever they want until they lose Zenimax money. Ship it regardless if it fails then make the next game for less to recoup the losses on the previous game :rolleyes::eek:

Soldato
This is such a brilliant game :) :D

After spending about 6 hours on a lengthy fetch, find & craft quest across several different locations I have now managed to lvl up to 35 on Solo. This has opened up new areas of the game & some way better equipment so now its slowly becoming less of a chore to manage items, condition of weapons & health. Plus I am less thirsty now finding new perk cards to lessen the effects of rads as well its all good so far for me on Solo.

I reckon I have about 120 hours on Solo now its easily doable Solo but takes a good 30-40 hours of lvling up to get close to being able to make much progress. Most other players are also doing it Solo & ignoring the PVP & MMO aspects.

But now I can finally see start to understand why Bethesda made this game. They made lots of mistakes & silly errors but also buried deep inside is a classic Fallout 4 style Solo experience so once again if you like Fallout 4 I think you will find a lot to enjoy in 76 (even if it is buggy in places & some of it is frustrating for no reason other than they made silly design errors by making it more MMO than Solo).

Also just watched my first Nuke strike from a distance :eek:;) You get a 2:30 warning & voice over telling you its arriving so you can clear the blast zone then watch from afar & after the strike has finished you can even go visit the blast zone & crater as it unearths rare minerals to mine but this also brings very high rads & some even more angry high lvl creatures to battle so its not an experience for the faint hearted :eek::)

Soldato
This game is so, SO broken lol

Lots of bugs from Fallout 4 are appearing (which is a lot), they basically just copy/pasted already broken code, in to an MMO where network latency amplifies these problems. With added new bugs with the engine itself.

The price has dropped so quickly because people are refunding or just aren't buying it.

Last edited:
Soldato
......They made lots of mistakes & silly errors but also buried deep inside is a classic Fallout 4 style Solo experience so once again if you like Fallout 4 I think you will find a lot to enjoy in 76 (even if it is buggy in places & some of it is frustrating for no reason other than they made silly design errors by making it more MMO than Solo).....
Personally I will never get "a classic Fallout 4 style solo experience" without NPCs providing their own personal story lines, fleshing out the main story and injecting their own brand of humor or depth whilst fighting along side me.

I'm one of those people who didn't bother listening to all the tapes, so hunting for tapes and pages of text whilst undertaking repetitive fetch quests just to be provided with some background game lore isn't appealing to this Fallout fan. The Long Dark is my goto walking simulator I don't need a Fallout game to scratch that itch.

Previously there has been a depth to Bethesda games that has outshone the long list of bugs which is why they've managed to get away with past practices. This to me seems such an obvious money grab and shows so little respect for their customers that I will not support them by buying this game or quite likely any future game they release on the same outdated bug laden engine.

Man of Honour
Well, at least they're having a go at addressing some of the more minor annoyances. Retaining camp placement and even minimal scrapping will be some improvement. It might even become a tenth as good as the utter crap that was vanilla FO4 building. No more than that, given the tiny build area and even tinier build budget. You can't even build a halfway decent player home and of course a settlement is completely out of the question and would be pointless anyway as there aren't any settlers. Of course, it will still be a stinking rotting turd compared with modded FO4 building. No ground blocks to change terrain, no Place Everywhere, no umpteen mods for 1000s of extra building items, retextures, etc. No extras that don't exist in the vanilla game at all - for example, in FO4 I can turn screenshots (or any other images) into paintings in settlements in the game.

Maybe the game will crash less often too.

It's...something.

I have finally made a less than crap camp, having found an obscure ledge on a cliff face. With only one way in by land (and that's a difficult way that requires a bit of jumping), I can finally get by with a small enough number of turrets to enable me to build a 2x2 cabin, a water purifier, 2 generators to power it and 5 of each of the plants needed for a glue farm. It's a shame that the game won't fast travel me into my camp, instead putting me at the base of the cliff. In FO4 I could have put the fast travel point where I wanted it, but FO76 is several leaps backwards from FO4.

I haven't found the 400 stash limit too much of a problem as yet. There's no point saving anything for building settlements, since you can't build settlements and the miniscule build budget for camps means that you hardly need any materials for them anyway. Maybe if I find a bunch of kit for a higher level and want to save that for later it'll be a problem. But at least they're listening to at least some of the legitimate criticisms. There's nothing they can do about the inherent flaws in the basic design of the game, but at least they're trying to do something about some of the rest of the problems.

I'll probably partly enjoy playing it for a while more. Probably enough to make me consider the £27 I paid for it reasonable value for money.

Soldato
Watched the Angry Joe review earlier, it's such a mess. I agree with him, as a HUGE TES fan, I have zero faith right now, especially since they will be using the same engine again.

Another great fallen :(

Soldato
I'm enjoying the game I have to say but keep getting disconnected and its very frustrating losing your progress and have also completely locked now 4 times.

I actually quite like the chilled out, make your own way, style gameplay and can live with the in game bugs but the above is just ruining the experience for me.

Soldato
Nothing in the patch notes about releasing a PC version then?

I'm struggling to justify actually spending money on this until the controls are fixed, because I know it'll just be frustrating rather than fun to play.

No, I don't consider the game in its current state to be a PC version, it's a console game which happens to run on PC.

Soldato
I'm enjoying the game I have to say but keep getting disconnected and its very frustrating losing your progress and have also completely locked now 4 times.

I actually quite like the chilled out, make your own way, style gameplay and can live with the in game bugs but the above is just ruining the experience for me.
Only had this happen once in over 100 hours. Look at your Router settings for Open NAT & ensure nothing is downloading in the background.

Soldato
Only had this happen once in over 100 hours. Look at your Router settings for Open NAT & ensure nothing is downloading in the background.

Cheers I'll check, I've also had the loading screen infinite loop twice last as well which caused me to CTRL/ALT/DEL out of the game.
Guess I'm just unlucky!

Soldato

It's annoying, there is no consistency as to what causes a crash or disconnect. You get some people who have multiple disconnects per session and others (like me) who've not had one since the beta finished.
Mind you, the people who get hideous frame drops and freezes all seem to need to push triangle to reload (#pcmr4lyfe!)

Soldato
I just can't believe how bad this game looks.......

It does not look that bad at all when you play it though. Its slightly better looking than Fallout4 most of the time. The global illumination lighting shader FX is improved quite a bit. Only the high res textures let it down a bit right now. If they ever upgrade those to UHD like they did on Fallout 4 then it will look better still.

Back
Top Bottom