Can you have 2 Xbox one X's with the same account

Soldato
I have my xbox one X in my bedroom but I been thinking of buying another xbox one S or X to use on the TV in the living room
(which would also be a 4k blue-ray player for the living room ;))

But can I have use my account with my gold membership, game pass & downloaded games on two Xboxes like this ? :confused:

Would be stupid if this is not possible..As am guessing most people on here also have a TV in there bedroom and in there living room..

Last edited:
Associate
One at time would be fine..Thanks

Guessing I could still use one for playing Blu-ray movies while am gaming on the other one..
As i don't think i need to be sign in to play movies

If I'm not mistaken the Blu-ray app is tied to the account so you have to be 'logged in' to use that app. You could run the second Xb1x with no Ethernet cable/Wireless switched on and login then?

Shawrey

Associate
don't quote me on it but my experience is as follows:

I have 2 Xbox Ones. My X is setup as the "Home" Xbox and I have shared Xbox Live on it. My profile exists on both XBOX's.

My Son logs into his Xbox using my profile, fires up forza 4, then swaps profiles to his. He has Live access and can happily play online.

I then login to my profile on my X. My profile on my Son's XBOX gets signed out and I can then play Battlefield 5 on line as normal.

My Son can still continue to play Forza 4 online.

Associate
don't quote me on it but my experience is as follows:

I have 2 Xbox Ones. My X is setup as the "Home" Xbox and I have shared Xbox Live on it. My profile exists on both XBOX's.

My Son logs into his Xbox using my profile, fires up forza 4, then swaps profiles to his. He has Live access and can happily play online.

I then login to my profile on my X. My profile on my Son's XBOX gets signed out and I can then play Battlefield 5 on line as normal.

My Son can still continue to play Forza 4 online.

im in the same situation , has your lad got his own live subscription ?

Soldato
Yeah you can use on 2 xbox's, and you can even buy one game and play on both simultaneously (as long as using different accounts)

The Xbox you set as your home device shares all content with every account on that Xbox, including gole and games bought from the store.

Soldato
i'm unsure how after 4 years this is still so often misunderstood, to me its one of the biggest selling points of the Xbox ecosystem.

Console set as HOME gets access to Gold and all content that is paid for on that account (Digital purchases, Subscriptions like Gamepass and EA Access).
You don't have to be logged into your account either (Weird exception is gamepass where you have to launch the game first on the primary account but then its ok on all child accounts after that).

You can use our main account then on any other machine but it will require an internet connection.

I set up wifes Xbox is set as my Home machine so she can get online and play all the stuff.

My One X is in my office and I use it for gaming there,

3rd bedroom machine is mainly used as a streaming box with Plex but I can log into it if needed to use a service which requires subscription or when people are playing rock band when we have people round.

Has saved me a fortune over the last 4 years, used to be 2 copies of live a year (or family membership) plus 2 copies of what ever game we were playing (usually battlefield with the wife) and 2 copies of the season pass. Now its Xbox live (free with MS rewards) 1 copy of whatever game (say BFV) even with deluxe version i'm well over £100 better off on one game alone.

Soldato
i'm unsure how after 4 years this is still so often misunderstood, to me its one of the biggest selling points of the Xbox ecosystem.

Note, You can do the same on the PS4 as well (I do both).

As you say though it is a massive boon especially if there is a game that the two of you want to play together or at the same time. One subscription (PS+ or Gold) and one digital copy of the game, sorted!

Soldato
Note, You can do the same on the PS4 as well (I do both).

As you say though it is a massive boon especially if there is a game that the two of you want to play together or at the same time. One subscription (PS+ or Gold) and one digital copy of the game, sorted!

That I didn't know but then again my PS is purely a machine for the wife to inflict the ritual asian humiliation on house guests through the ancient art of Karaoke (Singstar), Why haven't Xbox done an updated version of Lips?

Associate
Im not quite sure what my issue is then >

my lad and i share games etc , but if he wants to play live he has to use my xbox account in the cinema room ( xbox tells him he needs live to play on his profile ) but he can play his profile in the lounge ,

the only thing i can think it might be is we have tweeked a old bt router as a extender and the cinema room has a different wifi code ?

Soldato
that should make a difference, doesn't even have to be on the same lan, (or even the same country i used mine in Korea while the wife was back in the UK), check the settings, Home console and family members are the relevant bits.

Soldato
Im not quite sure what my issue is then >

my lad and i share games etc , but if he wants to play live he has to use my xbox account in the cinema room ( xbox tells him he needs live to play on his profile ) but he can play his profile in the lounge ,

the only thing i can think it might be is we have tweeked a old bt router as a extender and the cinema room has a different wifi code ?
You need to set the xbox in the cinema room to his 'home' xbox and then the one in his room as yours. Then whichever one your log into you will both be able to use Live from with your own accounts.

Back
Top Bottom