moving website and more importantly emails

Associate
I have a website that I do for a golf club, The site is just a WordPress site... But they have emails attached to that domain that they access via outlook.

I have been with Vidahost for years for all my services etc but TShost is getting expensive. I'm on an old legacy plan which is 500mb... got a complaint yesterday that they weren't receiving emails. logged in the usage was 504mb ( 200mb for the site, 140mb for emails and some other stuff) then 120mb for 'other files' * that are not in the home directory... I asked if these could be removed.. but there 'server files' so basically 1/5 of the space I'm paying for is taken up with stuff that I can't remove.

Anyways... I have no problem moving the site from one provider to another ( either to my friends hosting or to like a digital ocean account) its the transferring the emails across to somewhere new that bothers me...

Any tips or advice

Man of Honour
That sounds odd. Might be the database?

Surely if you only have 500Mb space you'll be paying a small amount - I'd guess under 20 quid a year if I remember the old packages?

Soldato
When you say you want to transfer emails across, do you mean keeping all old emails or is it just the ability to send+receive email you need?

Most hosting packages will include email accounts in them. It'll have a different address for the webmail login and you'll need to update everyone's outlook settings to connect to a new server but it's not too difficult.
Moving across a backup of the old emails could be more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom