• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080Ti price drop

Associate
I agree, quite shocking from OC that actually some went to £900... disappointing really from them, especially if one was after an upgrade.

Said that and seen the ridiculous pointless prices of RTX cards, even being able to afford a bunch but really is a joke under all point of views, I will stick with my current 10series. At least I am glad to see Nvidia stock being hit hard, this is the most pointless launch I can remember in the last few years. Even without competition is ridiculous to try to scam customers, supply and demand are still meeting and here they are trying to have a huge producer surplus by a lot.

Shame for site like OC as less people will be attracted by PC Gaming as once again is seen as overly-expensive when you can play just fine on a console considered the colossal gap in prices we have compared with the last few years.

Caporegime
I agree, quite shocking from OC that actually some went to £900... disappointing really from them, especially if one was after an upgrade.

Said that and seen the ridiculous pointless prices of RTX cards, even being able to afford a bunch but really is a joke under all point of views, I will stick with my current 10series. At least I am glad to see Nvidia stock being hit hard, this is the most pointless launch I can remember in the last few years. Even without competition is ridiculous to try to scam customers, supply and demand are still meeting and here they are trying to have a huge producer surplus by a lot.

Shame for site like OC as less people will be attracted by PC Gaming as once again is seen as overly-expensive when you can play just fine on a console considered the colossal gap in prices we have compared with the last few years.

I asked @Gibbo to drop the price of the 1080ti Gigabyte OC to £579 he did this, I messed up the order as I couldn’t log into the shop...I then asked him again and the guy dropped the price for about hour...I purchased then.

Dude OcUK have been awesome on the 1080ti and now the 2080 ti Is out and 1080ti is still desirable @Gibbo warned of the price rise...they are running a business and Gibbo looked after the forum members with grace. :)

Associate
OP
yeah i am not going to bash on OC if i had a computer buisness i would be doing exactly the same thing as them and marking up as much as possible,(if that is actually why the cards are so expensive although competitors are the same if only marginally cheaper),had my heart set on a 1080ti bidding on the bay...and boom it maxed out at an ended bid of £640 i really don't understand the thinking there as it's a used card and the cheapest 2080's are on the same price level add an extra £150 or so you can pick up an MSI 2080 gaming X trio...NEW...another card i had my beady eye on the other day the Aorus Waterforce Xtreme Edition it eventually went again for £666 to top it off has anyone seen the prices here at OC for the MSI 1080ti gaming £950 really OC...that is...i am not even going to comment as my fingers just cringed and became arthritic at the thought of that price...some people here are correct the more i look at building a PC for gaming the more i realise my xbox 1S and my PS4 pro look enticing...should i just sell all of my components and give up because i feel like i am being robbed with prices like that

Associate
I asked @Gibbo to drop the price of the 1080ti Gigabyte OC to £579 he did this, I messed up the order as I couldn’t log into the shop...I then asked him again and the guy dropped the price for about hour...I purchased then.

Dude OcUK have been awesome on the 1080ti and now the 2080 ti Is out and 1080ti is still desirable @Gibbo warned of the price rise...they are running a business and Gibbo looked after the forum members with grace. :)

I have message them weeks ago and never got a reply, generally they are pretty good and once I had the same treatment (when I bought my 1070) however this time I just dropped it.

I could afford a 2080ti (or two) even as I write however the point is that the price is offensive, I cannot really define it in any other way.
  • Yes I am an enthusiast
  • Yes I can afford it easily
  • No I am not an idiot, as consumer I refuse to be robbed
I do a fair bit of flight simming (and I am a pilot in real life too) if it was not for that I would get an Xbox 1s and use the PC for old titles and productivity (I enjoy 3D graphic etc when I have time), really with current prices there is no reason for a console person to come to PC, Intel is a joke which is kind of okay as you can get a 7th series at decent price and AMD offers great product.

Prices for 10x and 9x were okay and good price / performance, here you don't have any of that and some vaporware tech at this stage.

Associate
OP
would you adam and eve it...i finally found a seller for a 1080ti on gumtree got a gigabyte aorus for £570,(and i had to haggle for that price too he originally wanted £580...bloody hell this thing is beastly heavy in comparisson to my current gpu MSi armor 980ti...but it did come supposedly unused and looks/feels legit i still think i overpaid for it though as they should not really be going for anything above £500 but i am finally happy as i purchased it for below the original price at launch which means i got a bargain...will keep my eyes peeled for more online and if i see any will pick them up for reselling as they are simply hot cakes right now

Soldato
there is plenty of 1080tis for sale, I expect your price expectations are simply too low.

If I were to sell my 1080ti today it would likely be more then I paid for it, simply because the market value has gone up for the cards.

Associate
nvida have a prob. no1 will buy a crad that should cost no more than £800. lol I am good for rtx 4080 it hehehe but if you want to give £1500 for a crad that gets 20% extra then cool

Associate
and i bet a lot of these second hand cards flooding fleabay for quite high prices have been hammered by the miners and now theres no money in it they are flogging them for all they can get ....i'd rather pay the extra for a new card as you dont know how much life these second hand cards have left in them ....just a thought!

Associate
Found few sellers that i suspect are doing exactly what you are saying they list 1080ti cards every few days but are doing it by only listing 1 card per time instead of listing as many as they got.

Associate
OP
there is plenty of 1080tis for sale, I expect your price expectations are simply too low.

If I were to sell my 1080ti today it would likely be more then I paid for it, simply because the market value has gone up for the cards.

i guess so but in all honesty shouldn't a card released over 2 years ago be available for a lot less then it is being touted for...c'mon lets get real here how pretty much 99.9% of any used or second hand market works is that when a newer model arrives the older model is supposed to lose value simply because it has less everyting overall in the way of specs,but because the listed price for the newer cards is ridiculously high this is adding even more value to the older generation and considering that the newer cards are also having quite a few teething problems as well there is an even bigger demand for the older gen so whatever nvidias plan is it's seemingly backfiring a little due to the higher demand for a card they have decided to stop producing...where does this leave your average consumer up certain creeks without a paddle and nobody seems to give a rats....it's outrageous

Associate
Nope.

You were all warned when I did the Gigabyte Black OC at £579, that was the lowest and it would only go up from that point on, some choice not to believe this, they were wrong, those cards are now £900 and still selling. :)

1080 and 1080Ti is EOL, we have lots of stock but the demand is huge for it so we now simply charge more to slow down the sales as not many places have 1080Ti any more, but OcUK still has several models in stock and hence why sales are so strong even at high prices.

There is only one 1080Ti still sub £600 and thats a 1080Ti MIni at a competitor, its a deal we did not take because it was a Mini and to sell with profit we would need to sell at above £579, so to us it made little sense, I see the competitor is already selling with no profit, no doubt because they had them in stock for over 30 days so they need to move it because aged stock and turn in to cash, at £560 its an OK buy so I suggest going for that as we won't be reducing our prices to anywhere near that, but in fairness our cards are not Mini cards but full blown OC cards. :)

Hey Gibbo

Is the same happening with the Vega 64 as they seem to have shot up, still kicking myself for not picking up the Strix Vega 64 for £410 when I had the chance!

Soldato
i guess so but in all honesty shouldn't a card released over 2 years ago be available for a lot less then it is being touted for...c'mon lets get real here how pretty much 99.9% of any used or second hand market works is that when a newer model arrives the older model is supposed to lose value simply because it has less everyting overall in the way of specs,but because the listed price for the newer cards is ridiculously high this is adding even more value to the older generation and considering that the newer cards are also having quite a few teething problems as well there is an even bigger demand for the older gen so whatever nvidias plan is it's seemingly backfiring a little due to the higher demand for a card they have decided to stop producing...where does this leave your average consumer up certain creeks without a paddle and nobody seems to give a rats....it's outrageous

Not always, when the older model is better than the newer model, and there is very short supply of the newer model, and the newer model is overpriced, then older model becomes more desirable to own and prices can go up.

1080ti's dont come with space invaders, they have lower TDP, they work on older more stable drivers, they work on older OS's, they come with a DVI port which to some people is desired, and perhaps the most important pascal has a way better reputation than turing. Reviewers for weeks have been telling people to buy used pascal, and the sheep flocked to that advice, perhaps even still buying when the prices shot up.

A previous gen product is hardly obsolete, these will be supported by drivers probably for at least 5 years minimum.

Associate
OP
Nope.

You were all warned when I did the Gigabyte Black OC at £579, that was the lowest and it would only go up from that point on, some choice not to believe this, they were wrong, those cards are now £900 and still selling. :)

1080 and 1080Ti is EOL, we have lots of stock but the demand is huge for it so we now simply charge more to slow down the sales as not many places have 1080Ti any more, but OcUK still has several models in stock and hence why sales are so strong even at high prices.

There is only one 1080Ti still sub £600 and thats a 1080Ti MIni at a competitor, its a deal we did not take because it was a Mini and to sell with profit we would need to sell at above £579, so to us it made little sense, I see the competitor is already selling with no profit, no doubt because they had them in stock for over 30 days so they need to move it because aged stock and turn in to cash, at £560 its an OK buy so I suggest going for that as we won't be reducing our prices to anywhere near that, but in fairness our cards are not Mini cards but full blown OC cards. :)

i completely missed that warning gibbo...dam...i need to keep my eye in the game more...i am just so frustrated as i have been attempting to create a high end build now for over a year without success be it because of the high ram and GPU prices which i flat out refused to pay just on principal...it's so odd the way i can pick up a 1950x in last years black fri sales for £750 saving £250 yet was balked on other hardware,same with the X399 motherboards yes there were fairly cheap ones on the market but alas i had my heart set on the ROG Zenith extreme because of tiny tom logans excellent review and testing...but the prices have stayed the same since launch,(unless i missed a bargain),the only reason was because of asus excellent bios updates they were ahead of everyone else there for bios and stability according to tom,now though i am back on track a little with my purchase of not one but two used aorus 11gb 1080ti's,running these in SLi i should easilly match or come close to a 2080ti for performance couldn't care less for ray tracing as this seems moot due to the fact that most people have their eyes on the action in games rather than gawking at the beautiful graphics and with my plan to purchase a 1440p or 4K 144hz or aabove monitor,(whichever one throws me a bargain first),fingers crossed it won't be long before i can pick up my ram and then MB and start buildiing

Associate
Its interesting how the general consensus is the new RTX2080 are garbage and thats why the GTX1080ti has gone up in price yet the garbage RTX2080 doesnt reduce in price. Its a win win for nvidia and the sellers while the consumer gets screwed :(

Back
Top Bottom