Marvel's Daredevil (Season 3)

Soldato
Just watching this in the pub last night like some anti social monster. I absolutely loved it. I thought season 1 was brilliant, season 2 was pretty good but this is definitely a return to form for me. Really enjoyed the portrayal of Fisk and Dex (even though I spent the entire season certain that he was being played by Joel Kinnaman), and I was happy with every single other character as well, usually I would find at least one person to moan about but I really was impressed with everyone, it all felt very fleshed out.

Seeing this season of DD really hammered home to me how far ahead of the other Marvel shows they are in terms of portraying the fight scenes. The individual set pieces like the prison were awesome but what really got me was how each of the 3 main characters (DD, Dex, and Fisk) each have their own style that is clearly obvious in the way they fight. A good example, in the close quarter fighting between Dex and DareDevil, Dex was competent but very rarely landed any of his shots, he was absolutely outclassed, but his abilities at range made him the more dangerous combatant. If this had been a run of the mill superhero show or movie it would have just been the usual ebb and flow with very little thought given to how each of the fighters would have done in a certain circumstance.

Overall really really impressed, I'm just hoping they don't cancel it based on the fact that they now no longer have a fleshed out franchise with Iron Fist and Luke Cage getting shut down.

Associate
Think you could safely see that one coming though. Nothing to do with the quality of the show just that Disney want all their shows back in house as they launch their platform.

Soldato
Shame I got the feeling it might with how they ended s3, we'll get one more season of JJ then that's likely to go aswell leaving 0 shows from Marvel?

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
***. This, Punisher and JJ were far better than the others. Their days are numbered now too I'd wager.

Caporegime
Annoying, I thought DD was the best of the Marvel shows they produced. Really enjoyed season 3. Wonder if we will see DD in Punisher season 2?
Jessica Jones Season 1 was the most gripping Marvel season I have watched, but Daredevil by fart the most consistent in terms of quality.

However, at least it did end on a high note with the story in a state where it can be considered wrapped up. It will be well remembered. :)

Soldato
Jessica Jones Season 1 was the most gripping Marvel season I have watched

Nice to see some more JJ appreciation around here, people dismiss it far too easily and quite often without watching more than 1 or 2 episodes. I'm still to watch S2 or even S3 of DD, Luke Cage S1 really really really killed my Marvel buzz.

Permabanned
JJ is guff, S1 was mild guff but watchable but S2 was epic guff. She is just a rubbish character, maybe its the actress. :p

Gutted Foggy and the awful blonde girl didn't die.

Soldato
Daredevil now cancelled on Netflix.
Not surprising despite people acting like it is. Season 1 was amazing, and season 2 was a significant step back so much so that I didnt watch season 3 at all. Looks like the numbers were down pretty substantially.

So who ever signed off the season 2 script should be perhaps evaluating how much they tanked this show just to fit punisher in.

Soldato
If not for Punisher in S2 i'd have probably switched it off. Thing is Daredevil himself is quite a dull character and the season survives or fails on the villains. Kingpin absolutely carried the first season, only the Punisher episodes were interesting in the 2nd season and I can't comment on S3 yet.

Soldato
Shame, but hardly surprising. It looks like Punisher and JJ have upcoming seasons but I'd say it's a safe bet that they'll be cancelled by Netflix after this season as well. No doubt Disney wants all of the characters for their own streaming service.

Caporegime
It's weird that they're 'cancelling' them, rather than just saying the contract has ended. It makes it look like they want to get rid of them rather than being forced to :confused:

Soldato
Do Disney just want the characters, or can they re-start the shows with the existing cast? Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter and Jon Bernthal are all really good.

They'll be back, most reports state that the existing actors will star in other shows as the same characters.

We're surely going to get Heroes For Hire down the line on Disney+ or whatever it's going to be called.

Yeah, pretty terrible character/actress. Was sort of ok as a vampire, until TB went off the rails S2 onward......

She was ridiculously hot as the redhead vampire in True Blood then she just turned rough as she got older.

Caporegime
If not for Punisher in S2 i'd have probably switched it off. Thing is Daredevil himself is quite a dull character and the season survives or fails on the villains. Kingpin absolutely carried the first season, only the Punisher episodes were interesting in the 2nd season and I can't comment on S3 yet.
The problem is that Daredevil is, as I wrote in annoyance many times in the Season 2 thread, a god damn pussy. In S1 an S2 he seemed to get his ass handed to him even by low level crims, and spent so much time agonizing about hurting people that it got annoying. Only in S3 did they seem to beef his hardness and supersenses up and that was even after his accident where apparently he wasn't at his peak strength any more. Sadly, for me it was too late to really change my opinion of him. :p

Caporegime
In Season 2 he took out an entire biker gang soon after being chained up and knocked up (twice) by The Punisher...

It would be a bit boring if he just defeated everyone really easily...

Back
Top Bottom