• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 Highlights
Support For

• Just Cause™ 4
Known Issues
  • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
  • Assassin’s Creed™: Odyssey may experience a game crash at certain locations of the game on Windows®7 enabled system configurations.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 Driver Version 18.40.11.09 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14011.9004)
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1?sf203228033=1

Don't they mean 18.11.3? December starts tomorrow! :eek:

Permabanned
A fresh leak from Videocardz has just surfaced revealing the existence of an embargo and an exclusive event for an upcoming AMD drivers update. AMD has historically lead the industry in quality of their drivers (including the GUI) and the Crimson revisions were something to behold. If the secretive nature of this new update is any indication, it appears that the company is all set to do it once again with an upcoming drivers update.

The new version of AMD’s drivers will be called Adrenaline, 2019 Edition and will have quite a large number of brand new features. According to Videocardz, the new features will include a voice control system, dubbed “Hey Radeon!”, rather like what Google, Siri, and Alexa offer and will allow the user to ask the drivers to do things like taking screenshots or show the FPS overlay while inside a game. Currently, the voice commands can only be issued in English or Chinese. This feature utilizes Adrenaline 2019 and AMD Link update.

Secondly, and perhaps more excitingly, AMD is going to be answering the automatic overclocking present on modern NVIDIA cards with one-click overclocking capability that actually tweaks the memory as well! Overclocking support has been great on NVIDIA cards ever since Pascal (in which the vast majority of cards usually run way above what the maximum turbo boost is advertised as ) and it will be great to have a competing feature in Radeon cards.

What’s more, the company is actually one-upping NV over here and including undervolting support as well. Some Radeon cards like Vega have known to be overvolted for stability (and ease of QA) purposes and many chips can actually run at the stated power levels just as happily on lower voltages. This undervolting support will allow users to minimize the power draw from their Radeon card (especially useful if you are running a mining operation – not that they are very profitable right now).

https://wccftech.com/amd-hosting-pr...adeon-drivers-update-adrenaline-2019-edition/

Soldato
Decided to load DOOM back on my PC, running 18.12.1 and the game runs for about 30 seconds then causes a reboot, ouch!

Anybody else having an issue or can try?

Swapped to OpenGL renderer from Vulkan and it runs fine and doesn't reboot the PC.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to load DOOM back on my PC, running 18.12.1 and the game runs for about 30 seconds then causes a reboot, ouch!

Swapped to OpenGL renderer from Vulkan and it runs fine and doesn't reboot the PC.

I've been running DOOM fine on my Vega 64. With OpenGL getting around 110fps. With Vulkan getting 144fps+.

This is with 18.12.1 and the drivers prior as well.

Associate
I hope DayZ gets some love with the 'big' yearly driver, i still get some stuttering now and again but it isnt as bad as it has been.. changing a setting or tabbing out and back seems to fix it for a little while until it comes back again, maybe theres still some memory leak going on though.

Btw where do i find the full release notes for these driver releases? They only show the main changes and fixes on the download pages.

Caporegime
Adrenalin v18.12.1.1 Released.

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1.1 Highlights
Support For

• Epic Games Store
Known Issues
  • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
  • Assassin’s Creed™: Odyssey may experience a game crash at certain locations of the game on Windows®7 enabled system configurations.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1.1 Driver Version 18.40.11.10 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14011.10001)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1-1

Soldato

18.12.1.1 fixed my issues above, no idea why ;)

That said I'm not sure what's happen to Vega 64 performance of Wolfenstien : New Colossus, when I originally played it performance was great, it now seems much worse!

Last edited:
Associate
18.12.1.1 fixed my issues above, no idea why ;)

That said I'm not sure what's happen to Vega 64 performance of Wolfenstien : New Colossus, when I originally played it performance was great, it now seems much worse!
How much worse? like lost 50+fps worse? Didn't they recently update it for VRS.. hope they didn't break asynccompute with it :(

Soldato
I would say at least 20/30+fps worse, as you say I think the last update might have "gimped" AMD performance due to support for "NVIDIA Adaptive Shading on NVIDIA RTX"

The problem is it's an "older" title and I fancied "replaying" it for some mindless fun as I remember it was pretty fun/smooth before, now it just seems to be a bit of a mess.

Looks like I'll have to "fallback" to playing DOOM again which still runs like "greased monkey snot", if only all AAA titles were made this way ;)

Associate
I would say at least 20/30+fps worse, as you say I think the last update might have "gimped" AMD performance due to support for "NVIDIA Adaptive Shading on NVIDIA RTX"

The problem is it's an "older" title and I fancied "replaying" it for some mindless fun as I remember it was pretty fun/smooth before, now it just seems to be a bit of a mess.

Looks like I'll have to "fallback" to playing DOOM again which still runs like "greased monkey snot", if only all AAA titles were made this way ;)

Exactly what I'm thinking... that VRS (nvidia mess) update may actually had an adverse effect. I'll reinstall it and try it out as I remember it running very smooth and nice even on my Fury X when it was out.

Back
Top Bottom