• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
After bit more tweaking I’m getting 25k graphics and 20k total. This card is really fun hope I can get rid of the buzzing :(
from the card itself or does it sound like its coming form the PSU? sounds like you mean the card, probably a bit of coil whine which can ease up over time sometimes however not guaranteed.

Associate
from the card itself or does it sound like its coming form the PSU? sounds like you mean the card, probably a bit of coil whine which can ease up over time sometimes however not guaranteed.

Yeah coming from the card itself it seems. PSU is EVGA 850 P2 and hasn’t previously made any noise in 1 years ownership.

Sounds like a tattoo gun noise. Running Firestrike Graphics test 1 on loop now to see if it will go away.

Associate
I read all the time people hating on crossfire "theres no support" "it doesnt work" "microstutter" I assume all these people have never ever seen or used it as I am having an awesome blast of a time running my games at 2080 ti speed and more for £700 total spend.

Once again, crossfire is awesome and does work.

Well, for those who aren't getting what these words mean. "Crossfire is not supported" does not mean it won't work; it means it's not supported if you're running into trouble with it, and there are no guarantees it'll work. But it may work, and it may also stop working at any point.

Caporegime
I am doing so every day, true there are a few games that don't support crossfire, but of the games i have i'd say 80% can use both cards, and in farcry 5 at 4k ultra with hd textures i get around 75fps.
With Elite i get 70fps on 5k with ultra everything ....

I read all the time people hating on crossfire "theres no support" "it doesnt work" "microstutter" I assume all these people have never ever seen or used it as I am having an awesome blast of a time running my games at 2080 ti speed and more for £700 total spend.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Which games are you playing out of interest?

Soldato
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Which games are you playing out of interest?
I am enjoying it, I am playing.

Shadow of the tomb raider, Nier Automata, Farcry 5 , Elite dangerous, Agony, Quake Champions, Dirt Rally, Escape from Tarkov
At the moment...lol
All of these have amazing crossfire scaling of 70-90+ % I rip them all at 4k ultra
The only other other game i play is PUBG but that is the only one that is not good with crossfire so much, maybe 30% or a little more.

Associate
Last I heard Elite Dangerous was one of the games where xfire was completely broken without any ray of light to ever be fixed, as AMD kept ignoring it for quite a while. In this very forum I have seen several ED players kept moaning about broken xfire after every driver release :) I'm glad it has finally been fixed

Caporegime
I am enjoying it, I am playing.

Shadow of the tomb raider, Nier Automata, Farcry 5 , Elite dangerous, Agony, Quake Champions, Dirt Rally, Escape from Tarkov
At the moment...lol
All of these have amazing crossfire scaling of 70-90+ % I rip them all at 4k ultra
The only other other game i play is PUBG but that is the only one that is not good with crossfire so much, maybe 30% or a little more.
Good to hear.

PubG is CPU bound so that is of no surprise. CPU bound games don't like more than one GPU. :p

Associate
Welp i have officially given up trying to play BF5 on my Vega 64 Nitro+, regardless of what drivers i use or what settings i put into the card, it crashes, maybe its the game is just badly buggy and doesnt like Vega, or maybe my Vega has an issue? i dunno, but it plays Grim Dawn, FF14 and EQ1 via WinEQ perfectly fine without any complaints, its just BF5 it has issues with :(

Hopefully these rumored new Dec AMD drivers with this rumored auto OC / Undervolt feature will make my card actually capable of playing BF5 lol, or maybe Dice will fix BF5 so it doesnt CTD every 10mins on my card, or maybe its just my PC, who knows.

Associate
I am doing so every day, true there are a few games that don't support crossfire, but of the games i have i'd say 80% can use both cards, and in farcry 5 at 4k ultra with hd textures i get around 75fps.
With Elite i get 70fps on 5k with ultra everything ....

Very nice

I am not anti crossfire, I just did not realise you could get a flashed 56 to work with another Vega 64. That is very interesting, wish I had known before.

I've got 2 Vega 64s at the moment, so will try them out at some point.

Associate
One thing I did not like about Crossfire was the obnoxious looking graphic label if you wanted to put an indicator on to show in game. It was a large eyesore in the corner of the screen. I used to run x2 290

It would be nice if AMD had the option to build a line into their Adrenaline Metric system, in the small white text that shows FPS, GPU clock etc

"Crossfire : Yes" or "Crossfire : No" with the option to individually select it to show or not.

Caporegime
Welp i have officially given up trying to play BF5 on my Vega 64 Nitro+, regardless of what drivers i use or what settings i put into the card, it crashes, maybe its the game is just badly buggy and doesnt like Vega, or maybe my Vega has an issue? i dunno, but it plays Grim Dawn, FF14 and EQ1 via WinEQ perfectly fine without any complaints, its just BF5 it has issues with :(

Hopefully these rumored new Dec AMD drivers with this rumored auto OC / Undervolt feature will make my card actually capable of playing BF5 lol, or maybe Dice will fix BF5 so it doesnt CTD every 10mins on my card, or maybe its just my PC, who knows.
I am not aware of any known issues with BF V, are you sure this is not a local system issue?

Soldato
Very nice

I am not anti crossfire, I just did not realise you could get a flashed 56 to work with another Vega 64. That is very interesting, wish I had known before.

I've got 2 Vega 64s at the moment, so will try them out at some point.
Its quite the thrill on some games to see 4k maxed out, your eyes keep expecting 3fps,and it's bizarre when it's smooth and 60 plus.

If my first 56 didn't die horrifically on me due to a eiswolf aio pump dying while I was at work. It would be 2 vega 56 with 64 bios's. But yeah 56 and 64 work perfectly
If anything the 56 is faster than the actual 64

Soldato
Well, for those who aren't getting what these words mean. "Crossfire is not supported" does not mean it won't work; it means it's not supported if you're running into trouble with it, and there are no guarantees it'll work. But it may work, and it may also stop working at any point.

Roughly 80% of the games as of few months back, support Vega Crossfire. Either with native settings or creating custom profile yourself.
Some games that do not support CF, but support Async compute (Wolfenstein for example) with Crossfire off they scale on both GPUs also.
And those games scale at 100% some even higher (RE7 103%, Wolfenstein 101%), compared to around 85% scalling on most games.

However for CF to work you need to have good motherboard pushing at least 2 8x Pci-e, as CF since 2013 doesn't need external link.
The vast majority of motherboards (Intel) cannot do that hence "is not working".
on HEDT (X79/99/299, X399), or X370/X470 platforms there is no such issue though.

Associate

Are you trying to play in DX11 or DX12? The game is running fine for me as long as I am using DX11 but DX12 on the other hand is a stuttery buggy mess and sometimes the game crashes before it has even finished loading...

Associate

mine occasionally crashes to, where bf1 is perfectly fine for example. yet on day 1 i completed the campaign no issues. did you try increasing volts slightly?

Associate

what are your temps and P states and hbm set at ?

a lot have confirmed after there recent patch( bfv patch) and then also a driver update that the crashes went ( 2 nd week of pre pre release) i use bfv a lot and dont crash anymore idid at first when i was testing stuff in wattman

Caporegime
Never realised the sapphire nitro has a fan feature like the gigabyte windforce cards with the centre fan spinning clockwise vs the other 2 spinning counterclockwise. Meant to be for better airflow. Always just thought sapphire's main cooling feature was their Vapour chambers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom