External Hard Drive Help

Associate
I formatted my 500gb external hard drive to a fat32 so I could put the windows installer on it as I wanted a clean install of windows. Now I'm struggling to find a way to revert my external hard drive back to it's 500gb, as it is stuck at 32gb. Can anyone help me with how to restore it to the original format?

Thanks

Soldato
Make sure you've copied anything you want to keep on to another drive. Now open disk management (should be on the menu if you right click the start button) and you should find your drive. From there you can right click the 32GB partition and delete it. Now right click in the "unallocated space" and you can create a new NTFS partition that takes up all the space.

edit: if you don't have "disk management" when right clicking your start button, press the WINKEY + R at the same time to open the "run" dialog and enter

Code:
diskmgmt.msc

Associate
OP
Make sure you've copied anything you want to keep on to another drive. Now open disk management (should be on the menu if you right click the start button) and you should find your drive. From there you can right click the 32GB partition and delete it. Now right click in the "unallocated space" and you can create a new NTFS partition that takes up all the space.

edit: if you don't have "disk management" when right clicking your start button, press the WINKEY + R at the same time to open the "run" dialog and enter

Code:
diskmgmt.msc
Thank you very much for the help

Back
Top Bottom