What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Searching - 8/10

A dad searching for his missing daughter, mostly via social media, the whole movie is basically shot through a computer screen. It's actually very well made, would recommend

is it just me that had a dodgy version or was most of the stuff on facebook etc all in chinese yet the entire cast all spoke english, and in the videos wrote in english?

Soldato
Mission Impossible : Fallout

Probably the worst of the franchise, was 40mins to long and lacked a little of the charm of the previous movies,

6/10

On a side note, Simon Pegg needs to start eating again, he looks ill.

He just needs to stop being in films so that I can enjoy them without his cheese.

Soldato
I watched Venom, I thought it was great, really made me laugh the interaction between Hardy and the symbiote, I really prefer the less serious Marvel movies, brain off and enjoy.

Associate
Ralph Breaks The Internet (2018) - 7/10

A colourful and fun adventure which focuses very heavily on being family friendly and moral in its plot, almost to its detriment.

It’s funny and entertaining enough, and there are a few good references to look out for amongst the stream of online pop culture.

Some of the sequences are really good, but some are a bit boring, and overall, I was expecting more.

Associate
Just a silly little question, but what is so bad with Simon Pegg?

On another note, I've watched the Expendables trilogy over the last week, pretty decent b-action movies a la 80's. Perfect switch off brain and just enjoy the action. Also pretty fun to see so many of the old heroes in the same movie, and the hints to their big roles.

Soldato
I watched Venom, I thought it was great, really made me laugh the interaction between Hardy and the symbiote, I really prefer the less serious Marvel movies, brain off and enjoy.

Watched this last night myself. And yeah, the banter betwixt Eddie and Venom was class. Just sad that Sony made it child friendly. It should've been a full-on R-Rated movie.

Venom: "Let's bite their heads off and pile the bodies in the corner"
Eddie: "Why would you do that?"
Venom: "Pile of bodies, pile of heads".

For some reason that really tickled my funny bone. :D

Last edited:
Don
Just a silly little question, but what is so bad with Simon Pegg?
I like Simon Pegg as a comedy actor. The problem is, and it's not specifically him, he's just a symptom of it as he seems to be the go to guy for this, but even in more serious films he tends to be added for comic relief, because that's the way big film studies have gone with a lot of their big franchise movies now a days.

Associate
Watched this last night myself. And yeah, the banter betwixt Eddie and Venom was class. Just sad that Sony made it child friendly. It should've been a full-on R-Rated movie.

Venom: "Let's bite their heads off and pile the bodies in the corner"
Eddie: "Why would you do that?"
Venom: "Pile of bodies, pile of heads".

For some reason that really tickled my funny bone. :D
Yeah watched Venom as well last night, really enjoyed it, a lot better than the reviews I read prior to watching it, lots of comedy and pretty decent special effects.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Ready player one - 8/10

Watched on a whim & wound up really enjoying it, the film zipped along at a good pace & not once did I pause it to go make a brew or grab a snack which is unusual for me, good cgi & some great little visual references pop up through out the film, all in all & pleasant way to spend a couple of hours & a damn site more entertaining than last weekends Incredibles 2.

Associate
Incredible movie with Johnny Depp....loved the photography, FX and storyline :)
220px-Transcendence2014Poster.jpg

Associate
Venom.

Yet another wasted opportunity to produce what could, and should, have been an awesome movie.

The acting, the CGI, that ridiculous ******* accent...it was all ******* ****

:(

Back
Top Bottom