What PC games are you playing?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Alan Wake. Picked it up in 2012 and my PC at the time just couldn’t do it justice and I forgot all about it. Must say it looks a lot better on current hardware and has aged rather well all things considered.

That and What Remains of Edith Finch, but that one won’t take long to complete.

Associate
Playing CSGO and Astroneer at the moment. Astoneer is a very nice minecraft space game with a cool art style think it was £12.00 but there's a price hike coming I believe. Full release has been announced for Feb 2019.

Associate
Still working through Fallout 4 and need to finish Borderlands the Preseqial. But getting distracted by Two Point Hospital :cool:

I am not great at finishing a game before getting distracted by something else...

Caporegime
Alan Wake. Picked it up in 2012 and my PC at the time just couldn’t do it justice and I forgot all about it. Must say it looks a lot better on current hardware and has aged rather well all things considered.

Been playing this, too. Giving me the willies! Quite spooky when you’re exploring in the middle of nowhere trying to find those Thermos flasks.

Associate
Second run through of Dark Souls 3. Think I am enjoying more second time round. Doing pyromancy build and have just past the bit where ds3 really starts! Get gud!!!. Since my first play I have gone 1440p UW and was disappointed it's not supported though.

Associate
After 100% The Binding of Isaac last year, i've just picked up The Binding of Isaac Rebirth during the Autumn sale. So will be hooked on that for a while, already making quick progress though, which is disappointing.

Soldato
Darksiders 3! A few hours in an loving it so far. More of the same Darksiders goodness really. Like the personality of the new female horseman Fury. No hand holding in terms of traversing the levels and working out the puzzles. Too few of these types of game around for me. Apart from Darksiders and the Castlevania Lords of Shadow's games, what else is out there like this?

Caporegime
Skyrim. Played the original on 360 when it came out all that time ago. This is the third attempt at getting back in to it on PC. Last night, it just clicked and I couldn't stop playing so very late to bed. Pure conjurer - conjuring atronachs and swords.

Permabanned
Hello being a big fan of the series DARKSIDERS I waited years for the continuation, DARKSIDERS 3 is out and I played some hours.
Very good I like a lot but some things will have to be improved. In terms of quality it is nice but a small refining of the entire environment will not hurt, I hope a lot of content will add, new story and places to discover because the game will not be eternal when we have it finish a second time.

Last edited by a moderator:

maj

maj

Soldato
Between Metro Last Night Redux and AC: Origins at the moment. Either with headphones or my desktop speakers, the sounds in Last Night are fantastic.

Soldato
I've had Just Cause 2 in my steam library for nearly two years, started playing it today and I am enjoying it so far, if I enjoy all of it i'll probably pick up 3 and 4.

Soldato
Thought I'd try my hand at The Golf Club 2, under #10 in the Black Friday sale.

Glad I waited - very much a Marmite title. AFAIK the only currently available golf game for Windows, EA and Links having killed off their franchise some years ago. Massive in scale with hundreds of courses from around the world, but an exercise in frustration. Sliding the mouse is fine for tee shots and fairway to fairway but for approach and putting I find it useless - just took 9 shots to nail a Par 3 on a Swedish course. The balls and putting greens seem to be made from Teflon as the slightest down grade the ball just keeps rolling, rolling, rolling... No way to quit out of a career tournament if things are just looking hopeless.

I so much want to like this game and I know I need to "git gud" but why oh why can we not have the old three click option?

Soldato
Everspace. A weird cross between Hack, Elite, and FTL. There's looting, levelling, and 3D space shooting. You have to die a lot as part of the gameplay. There seems to be lots of interesting stuff popping up all the time, and lots of things to upgrade on your ship. I am finding it a little frustrating to lose all your good weapons when you die, but it does force you to try all the other stuff you find on your next play through. You do get to keep your ship/pilot upgrades. It is a beautiful looking game, and if I had some VR gear, I'm sure the VR mode looks amazing.

The biggest tip I can give is to know when to run away! Unless you've got some of the uber weapons, and have a G&B station to hide behind and get some fire support from, it's not so easy to take down the big ships that are hunting you. Look out for bonkers things like the ARC-9000, and the Neutron Cannon. Fusion Torpedoes and Corrosion Missiles are also very useful indeed. Mouse and keyboard support works very well.

Associate
Automobilista (again) where I am racing a Fiat Uno around (to me unknown) South American circuits.

At the moment racing using an XBox Pad and its working out well. After tweaking I found that setting the cars steering lock to maximum (34) makes driving using a pad so much easier (no assists). Whereas before I was spinning out at nearly every turn using default setting of 13. Its never going to be as good as using a wheel; but for now until I dig out my wheel, its good enough. I can now race some of the more powerful F1 cars (albeit never going to be an ace, but the cars are more manageable).

Many tracks have high speed sweepers and in some tracks - trees feature in the run off areas :eek:

A serious white knuckle ride even when racing an original VW Beetle; racing into a fast right hander, flat out (95mph) and fighting for tenth position = squeaky cheeks.

Simply an amazing sim.

Back
Top Bottom