American Truck Simulator

Associate
Looks like Washington state is out now, anybody still playing this?
I've been having a little break since April, but picked up the Washington DLC today so will be playing it a little bit again.

How long did the drive take in real time?
I can't remember exactly how long it took as it was a fair while ago, maybe between an hour to an hour and a half hours at a rough estimate.
I'll see if I can find a similar delivery to that one tonight to give a more accurate time scale.

Edit:
Just redid a similar route from Fresno (Cali) to Bend (Oreg) with a timer running, sped about 3-4 mph over the limit for most of the drive as I'm impatient... managed to reach my destination in 53min, 32sec.
If I stuck to the speed limit, I reckon that would have been about an hour and 10 mins.

Last edited:
Commissario
I've just done my annual update of all the new DLC and this time I've started a new company as well. Luckily I can drive this one handed so hopefully it'll stop me going crazy over the next couple of weeks.

Soldato
Yeah, is a bit slow to be honest. Doesn't take long at all to make a simple few pieces of roads and add some clutter etc.

Quite thankful for Coast 2 Coast even being quite empty in places.

Soldato
I had Coast to Coast installed but took it off as very much the big empty with little feel for the real geography.

ETS2 actually has the edge for me, more varied driving rather than just up and down the Interstates. Just a shame ProMods got broken twice in a row, first by the 1.36 update then by the Black Sea update.

Both games I tend to dip into as fillers, otherwise it can start to feel like a chore.

Soldato
The Promods team is working on a map for ATS, just currently looking for applicants who know about the map/real life areas on their forum.

If it's anything like regular Promods, it's gonna be amazing. Despite a few colboxes being in the wrong place.

Caporegime
I had to do a bit of research to see what you guys were on about. So Coast to Coast is free to download and includes all lower 48 states for ATS? And Promods is going to be Canada but isn't out yet?

Soldato
Mexico Extremo is much better than Coast to Coast, though there weren't many speed limits posted even in the towns. Probably what Mexico is like for real! Definitely worth a look if you like the challenge of driving narrow mountain roads.

However as always with map mods, the next official DLC (Utah) rendered it not compatible so I took it off along with C2C and just run vanilla ATM so far as the maps are concerned.

Commissario
I've said before, I prefer ATS over ETS2 because it just seems a little more polished. It shouldn't, they're both the same product really.

In ETS2, I have Pro-Mods installed and I own an absolutely stupid number of garages and drivers with enough income that every twenty four hours, I could buy a new garage, max out the number of slots and fill it up with lorries and drivers. That gets boring after a while and is largely down to Pro-Mods. It's also stupidly out of date and I doubt it'd even load now.

In ATS, I only have the base maps (with all the DLC) and the only mods I've got loaded are for real-world companies, for realistic headlights, improved sounds and the Jazzycat traffic ones. They're all updated through the Steam workshop except the Jazzycat stuff so I should never have any issues.

I started a new company when I grabbed all the new DLC at the beginning of the month and am having fun building it up from scratch again. I've only got the one garage and two drivers working for me but am nearly ready to expand my garage to five slots although I can't fill them yet).

I haven't done any tweaks to my own truck yet, just driving a base Kenworth T680.

I find this is actually good therapy for my broken arm, I can keep my right arm on the top of the steering wheel and it's exercising it to steer.

Also, it makes me chuckle when I pick up a load for the company I used to work for, years ago!

4GjIsap.png

Back
Top Bottom