Fury - Wilder thread

Associate
An entertaining fight to watch
Fury unfortunate did not do enough in this fight to earn a win...he was not robbed by the split decision.
For me Deontay looked the better boxer throughout the rounds and put Fury down twice....... the 12 round knock down was impressive

Associate
For me Deontay looked the better boxer throughout the rounds

BB963C3.gif

Soldato
I don’t think the decision was that bad it’s how the cards were scored that the issue is

Two rounds gains wilder 4 points, its not inconceivable to gain a couple of points elsewhere.

The score cards were a mess

Also I thought Fury was KO he just didn’t do enough to win that one.

Soldato
I don’t think the decision was that bad it’s how the cards were scored that the issue is

Two rounds gains wilder 4 points, its not inconceivable to gain a couple of points elsewhere.

The score cards were a mess

Also I thought Fury was KO he just didn’t do enough to win that one.

Stop watching boxing mate you clearly do not understand it. It's over 12 rounds and not decided on 2.

Soldato
Haha u wot m8?

Don't comment or watch boxing ever again you have not got a clue.

I have to agree. Fury gave him a boxing lesson and that's coming from a person who can't stand Fury; although he's gone up in my estimation after that fight.

Cant see wilder wanting the rematch nor can I see him wanting to fight Joshua...

Caporegime
I don’t think there’s anyone who would come close to beating Joshua right now, let alone destroy him, he’s a phenomenal fighter, with serious serious power and serious speed.

have you seen any of his fights?

he's fought bums and his one real test was against a 50 year old. who rocked him. in fact that 50 year old would have won the fight had he followed up when he had rocked him rather than stand back and then not throw a punch for 3 rounds.

AJ wouldn't last at all against the bombs wilder throws.

Fury would just jab him to death.

AJ is extremely overrated just because he's english and not a gypsy.

Associate
Well i didnt think Fury would live with Wilder but he proved me wrong, i dont think there are many fighters that would have got back to their feet.....

Soldato
Although 'technically' Fury won that fairly easily on points I think a draw was a fairer result!
I struggle to accept a fighter who was dropped twice and was unable to wobble let alone drop their opponent can claim a landslide victory (even though on points as the case was here it's possible)

Soldato
have you seen any of his fights?

More than you by the sounds of it?

I assume when you say he’s fought bums you include Povetkin in that list? Povetkin who was ranked number 2 and had never been stopped before by anyone.

That’s not to mention a much sharper Klitschko who he knocked down 3 times, compared to the awkward yawn-fest against fury.

Ortiz was a much tougher opponent for Wilder than fury because Ortiz had the power to hurt him and almost knocked him out, he was literally saved by the bell.

AJ brings more power stamina and speed than just about anybody out there right now.

Everybody knows that AJ is the one to beat right now, the winner of last night would have gone on to face him - that isn’t an accident... unfortunately we’re probably all going to have to wait a long time to see that now..

Soldato
I actually think the way boxing is scored is pretty flawed. Looking at the fight as whole I'd say a draw is pretty much spot on. Scoring it round by round the way it is the just now and Fury easily won that. Something has to be done about it.

Soldato
Although 'technically' Fury won that fairly easily on points I think a draw was a fairer result!
I struggle to accept a fighter who was dropped twice and was unable to wobble let alone drop their opponent can claim a landslide victory (even though on points as the case was here it's possible)

Yeah this is true, whilst Fury almost did get a points victory, it could be argued that he only just managed to scrape a draw, because that last knockdown was only a hair away from knocking him out cold.

We all knew that Fury was the better boxer, but he barely managed to hurt Wilder at all let alone wobble him - where other fighters have done.

Soldato
If Wilder could punch straight and didn't have a career of basically fighting no marks he might have had half a chance. Fury schooled him and the judges as per usual american standards were poor and gifted Wilder the draw.

AJ would do damage to Wilder, Fury would be very awkward as he normally is but would be an intriguing fight.

Soldato
I kinda agree and disagree with the Fury Win camp. Its the reason I hate Mayweather as a fighter although I know based on the rules/laws he's the best.

Fury for me is similar, he's got a very agile movement for a man who's so large, but he punches like a girl. Happy slapping sometimes for points. Wilder never ever looked phased by a single punch. Mostly nearly falling over from his own efforts and exhasution.

If I made the rules then Wilder would have won, he wasn't phased got two knockdown and was never even close to being beat in a "fight". Fury on the other hand technically was better at avoiding punches and love tapping him, but who ever went into a "real fight" with any other intention to knock out their opponent. It's not "sting like a butterfly"

Knockdown should carry more points to make things fair and then there would be less avoidance style boxing. Not simply because it's a skill but because it's damn boring to watch.

Back
Top Bottom