Fury - Wilder thread

Soldato
@ChroniC if you feel tyson was boring to watch in this fight maybe you should stick to ufc or watching brawls down your local on a Saturday night.

Boxing is all about the skill element first and foremost with the KOs just an added bonus

Soldato
If an 80%+ Fury turns up and he remains switched on for every second of every round, he boxes Wilders head off. He needs to hold, lean on him as often as he can and also box and keep moving. Once Wilders power has been sapped from him, he's a tomato can. He has nothing else to offer. Would have preferred Fury to have had another fight or two before this one but let's see what happens.

Went pretty much as expected really, Wilder always has a punchers chance but he's nowhere near an all round fighter, if he had fought better opposition he'd have been exposed a few times already.

I'm one of the few people who likes Tyson Fury, I said he'd do a job on Klitchko when no one gave him a chance, but Joshua is better than both these guys put together.

Don
Stop watching boxing mate you clearly do not understand it. It's over 12 rounds and not decided on 2.
What was wrong with what he said? He said the scorecards when wrong but the overall outcome wasnt that bad a decision.

The two knockdowns meant that Wilder only needed to win 3 of the other 10 rounds to get a draw and even those that think Fury won, me included, can surely acknowledge that there were enough close rounds where little happened, that a judge could have scored to Wilder.

Caporegime
Ref did Fury a bit of a favour in that last round.

Fury was completely banjoed on the canvas. He looked out and was barely moving. An awful lot of refs would have waved that off without even bothering to count.

On another note, wish all the best to Adonis Stevenson who is in critical condition in intensive care after his defeat last night. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but no one deserves that.

Soldato
I give Wielder one round and I can see how someone could argue a share. So with the knock downs and one round even Fury won.

No question who won the boxing match for me.

Soldato
Having just watched it again Fury should be happy with the draw tbh, he was still on his knees after 10 seconds in the final round and should have been counted out!

Soldato
Having just watched it again Fury should be happy with the draw tbh, he was still on his knees after 10 seconds in the final round and should have been counted out!

I think he would have been up at nine anyway. You could see he was just waiting for the ref/timekeeper count.

Soldato
Fury won, even Wielder and his corner knew he'd blown it at the final bell.

Wielder must have cost Haymon a few quid last night. He's lucky to still have a title.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fury won, even Wielder and his corner knew he'd blown it at the final bell.

Well that's just not true is it..

Fury barely connected any power shots, didn't wobble Wilder at all - yes he boxed better than Wilder in terms of his jab, but he got tagged twice - big time and knocked down for it twice, it seems delusional to keep parroting "Fury won" when he got floored twice, the result of which drastically reduced his lead to a draw, so he didn't "win" at all.

If he hadn't have gotten tagged twice, he would have won convincingly, but he DID get tagged - and it cost him victory.

Soldato
Well that's just not true is it..

Fury barely connected any power shots, didn't wobble Wilder at all - yes he boxed better than Wilder in terms of his jab, but he got tagged twice - big time and knocked down for it twice, it seems delusional to keep parroting "Fury won" when he got floored twice, the result of which drastically reduced his lead to a draw, so he didn't "win" at all.

If he hadn't have gotten tagged twice, he would have won convincingly, but he DID get tagged - and it cost him victory.

Well that's just not true at all is it... Fury did wobble Wielder a few times. Consecutive one twos in the fourth rocked wielder and Fury did his fair share of comming forward. Sure Fury didn't commit a few times when he had Wielder going, but why would you risk going after a hurt puncher when you are winning every round comfortably?

I've been very generous giving Wielder a round and a share of one. Wielder needed a stoppage IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
@ChroniC if you feel tyson was boring to watch in this fight maybe you should stick to ufc or watching brawls down your local on a Saturday night.

Boxing is all about the skill element first and foremost with the KOs just an added bonus

Maybe but in one sense 1+1 should equal 2. If he's skillful enough then he should be able to achieve a knockout.. Maybe then light punching should not receive a full point or big punches should receive more. In all seriousness, this culture of punch and run is not the same as being like Ali and avoiding a shots left right and center and then landing a killer blow.
If boxing skill is more about being able to touch someone without being touched then your right I should watch UFC. Which I also dislike for very different reasons.
Guess I'm just a grumpy ****

Associate
so much for fury saying he would KO wilder. got to admit i am disappointed. still it was a fair fight overall, right decision

Soldato
so much for fury saying he would KO wilder. got to admit i am disappointed. still it was a fair fight overall, right decision

Have you not been on the internet since the fight happened? it was clearly not the right decision. Fury won the fight. If a knockdown wasn't an automatic round win I would give round 9 to Fury too because he got up like nothing happened and continued to outbox him the rest of the round. 10 rounds to 2 or 11 rounds to 1, round 12 being the outlier.

Back
Top Bottom